- Employers added more than 900,000 jobs driven by re-openings at restaurants, bars, construction sites and schools.
- The gains were the biggest since August and helped lower the unemployment rate to 6% from 6.2% in February.
- The jobs report showed nearly every sector in the economy adding positions in March.
- More people entered the labour force, encouraged by the signs of rebound, and jobless rates fell for most groups.
- Officials also said employers added 156,000 more jobs in January and February than previous estimated.
- All signs point to a quicker jobs recovery as momentum continues