Director of Developer Relations
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we've also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business.
At OpenSea, we know it's critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
In this role you will be working closely with the VP, Business Development. We’re looking for a Director of Developer Relations to help us build the preferred NFT marketplace for partners and developers. You will play a critical role in developing and executing our strategy for helping developers and partners across all aspects of their experience with OpenSea, including sourcing new relationships, supporting existing partners, advocating internally for partner needs, and helping the general developer community thrive on the platform. As the leader of developer relations, you will have the opportunity to launch this critical new function within OpenSea. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to overall partnerships strategy and lead the creation and execution of our plan to provide best-in-class tools, resources and technical education for developers and partners
- Engage the crypto community through meetups, conferences, roadshows, and other channels of education
- Serve as a key resource for our top developers and partners, acting as a subject matter expert in order to ensure continual adoption
- Work cross-functionally with partner success, marketing, product, and engineering peers
- Collaborate with product to develop tools and product features to build more robust solutions for developers and address key needs for the community
- Scale the function as the company grows, attracting and developing amazing talent
You might be a good fit if you:
- Build strong relationships and have experience doing so with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Leverage creative thinking and process to efficiently empower/support external partners in their experience using OpenSea
- Have experience growing a developer relations function, including hiring and developing great talent
- Utilize data to provide actionable insights and ensure we’re driving toward the best possible outcome
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), and ability to persuade / drive alignment among differing perspectives
- -Thrive in collaborative cultures and working cross-functionally with product, legal, finance, and marketing to launch successful partnerships
- A plus, if you have experience and/or is passionate in ecommerce and/or the blockchain
Here are some projects you would work on:
- Create the strategy for reaching out to and engaging the developer community
- Launch process for offering top technical support and scalable educational resources for major partners
- Set up a network of third party entities that can help top partners with smart contracts and technical implementation on their NFT projects
- Work with product and engineering to prioritize on the roadmap features that improve and expand developer tooling
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The largest NFT marketplace Buy, sell, and discover rare digital items