Head of People
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we've also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business.
At OpenSea, we know it's critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader for this newly created role. As the Head of People you will champion our commitment to invest in the development of our talent. You will directly shape our culture and drive the growth, development, and retention of OpenSea’s outstanding global team. You will be responsible for building and constantly innovating OpenSea’s People function and own our end-to-end employee experience. The perfect candidate is someone who is looking to be a thought leader and to develop the skills to be a future Chief People Officer in the technology industry.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and key thought partner to the executive team on all people and cultural matters
- Be part of OpenSea’s annual and quarterly operational planning process and drive the company’s organizational design as we grow
- Implement and scale a robust learning and development program to help our team develop their skills and managers become better at their craft
- Own the implementation and adoption of key people analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven decisions, including surveys and other analytics tools to understand the employee experience
- Build our compensation and benefits programs, including salary bands, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy. Keep a continuous pulse on the competitive landscape
- Evangelize continuous feedback and make it a core element of OpenSea culture. Implement regular and ongoing feedback conversations and training for managers and individuals contributors
- Partner with the Head of Recruiting to develop and implement a people strategy by anticipating future talent needs, recruitment forecasts, succession planning, and retention planning for critical positions
- Champion diversity and inclusion across the organization; build a diverse team, foster an inclusive culture through recruiting, training, and policies
- Scale function and move from player to coach as the company continues to grow. Attract, mentor and develop amazing talent
- 7+ years experience including leadership experience within a People Operations or HR function in a rapidly scaling startup
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills, and experience supporting employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management and collaboration skills with a proven ability to balance shifting priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Thoughtfulness and the challenge to innovate in the people operations field excites you
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The largest NFT marketplace Buy, sell, and discover rare digital items