Head of Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we've also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business.
At OpenSea, we know it's critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We're hiring a Head of Marketing to lead all marketing efforts at OpenSea. As our first marketing hire, you'll get your hands dirty driving product marketing efforts, building our brand, developing a performance marketing strategy and running experiments, and eventually helping to build a team. You will be the expert on our customers and how to reach and grow them. The ideal candidate is a full stack marketer with experience with digital products or marketplaces.
- Set overall vision, strategy, roadmap, plans and priorities to enable development and execution of marketing success for OpenSea.
- Drive the integrated strategy for growth marketing efforts across all touch points, including paid acquisition, SEO, and lifecycle marketing.
- Define and drive from an integrated growth model that acts as the backbone of our strategic approach to growth.
- Represent the voice of the customer (both current and future) and deepen our understanding of our customers by establishing new research capabilities.
- Leverage best-in-class lifecycle marketing practices to accelerate content engagement to drive customer acquisition and improve retention.
- Be the expert on our market, customers, customer pain points, and our competition to inform company and product strategy.
- Own our brand and positioning. Develop compelling messaging that clearly demonstrates our value proposition and positions OpenSea appropriately.
- Identify exceptional PR agency partners and own the relationship.
- 12+ years experience including leadership experience within a Marketing function in a rapidly scaling startup.
- Demonstrated experience in a consumer or marketplace technology startup.
- You have strong strategic, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills. You love solving difficult problems.
- You know how to influence product roadmaps.
- You’re analytical and quantitative. You use data to drive decisions. Ideally, you have experience managing and optimizing marketing investments and running A/B tests.
- You thrive in fast-paced, high-growth environments, and have experience working cross-functionally with PMs, engineers, and designers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The largest NFT marketplace Buy, sell, and discover rare digital items