Bermuda Compliance Officer and MLRO
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation and supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
Circle’s mission is “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” and was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. Their mission is powered by the values we espouse and which they expect all Circlers to respect. They are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of their customers, shareholders, employees and families, local communities and the world. Furthermore, they are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you'll be responsible for:
As Bermuda Compliance Officer and Anti-Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO), you’ll act as subject matter expert on compliance and regulatory developments affecting Circle’s Bermuda crypto business. You will also be appointed as a Director of Circle Bermuda as the Company begins to build out its business. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, inquisitive manager with a background in Anti-Money Laundering (AML), knowledge of financial, payments and/or crypto regulations, and who is extremely customer and team focused.
What you'll work on:
- Serve as Circle Bermuda Compliance Officer and MLRO.
- Build upon global compliance programs to ensure compliance with applicable Bermudan compliance and risk requirements and objectives, including but not limited to financial crime, payments, and cryptocurrency requirements.
- Identify areas of enhancement in the AML and sanctions program.
- Liaise with Bermudan regulators to ensure AML and other compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure the highest standards of documentation and quality in the execution of onboarding and transaction monitoring processes by performing quality control and assurance reviews of the AML and Sanctions team.
- Closely follow regulatory, compliance, and enforcement developments in the cryptocurrency industry to ensure our processes keep pace.
- Partner with other compliance and risk teams to provide input in designing and operating the global compliance and risk programs.
- Periodically interface with regulators on Circle regulatory and licensing matters.
- Partner with Circle’s engineering and product teams to ensure the compliance programs are supported with the most effective tools and technological support.
- Serve as Director of Circle Bermuda.
- Meet periodically as needed for Board meetings.
- Have Circle Bermuda oversight of intercompany services outsourced to other Circle entities in the areas of Compliance, Legal, Head Office IT, and Customer Dispute Resolutions.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; quantitative or technical degree a plus.
- 8 years of relevant experience in building and overseeing compliance programs in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency. Experience at RegTech or FinTech companies preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and passion for harnessing the power of digital currency and blockchain technology and services built on top of it.
- An innovative and creative mind looking to suggest new solutions to old problems.
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively in a global environment, with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and internal teams.
- Experience and comfort working in an ever-changing industry and the flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- CAMS, CFCS or CFE certification is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack and Apple MacOS preferred
Circle is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments & treasury infrastructure for the internet We help internet businesses accept payments and send payouts globally in one unified platform. Mov...