DIRECTOR, WALLET ARCHITECT
As the Director of Wallet Architecture on the Architecture Team you will design and build software to manage and secure cryptocurrencies at Fidelity Digital Assets. This is a hands-on role where you will write code and set technical direction. You will be responsible for turning requirements into service designs and will engage with our chief architect and CTO to drive overall architecture of the Fidelity Digital Assets platform.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- Familiarity with the Bitcoin and Ethereum protocols – the ideal candidate has experience with these projects in production environments
- Proven experience in core Java technologies and frameworks like Spring Boot
- Proficient in SQL with working knowledge of database technologies such as Aurora PostgreSQL or Oracle
- Proven experience building and deploying applications using continuous integration pipelines and automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Unit and integration test automation using JUnit
- Proven experience with asynchronous workers and resilient messaging services
- An understanding of microservice architecture and twelve factor app patterns
- Proven ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments.
- Proven knowledge of systems, controls and techniques for identity, authorization, and authentication management
- Passionate and open to learning new tools and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Can provide leadership and mentorship across small, agile teams in a very collaborative environment where your ideas are welcome
- Solid analytical, communication, and organizational skills
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Within Fidelity Digital Assets, the Architecture Team is responsible for the technical vision across Fidelity Digital Assets. The team works with both technology and business teams to design secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services while ensuring that user requirements are met.
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.