Software Engineer - Exchange and Institutional Trading (Capital Markets)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is building exciting new trading products for retail and institutional customers. We are building large scale trading systems that will provide execution capabilities and manage post-trade activities like clearing and settlements. These systems will provide the necessary information for downstream data, risk, and operational consumers.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Architecting and implementing a core futures trading platform that includes trade execution and post-trade activities (clearing & settlement).
- Responsibilities will include designing systems for reporting, settlements, reconciliation, venue connectivity, market data, etc
- Drive overall architecture by working closely with downstream teams (risk, finance, data, ledger)
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software engineering
- The ideal candidate has a good understanding of trade execution, clearing and settlement for futures markets.
- Mentoring of junior engineers and those engineers with less domain expertise in financial systems.
- You’ve experienced architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.
- You’re passionate about building an open financial system that brings the world together.
Nice to haves:
- Cryptocurrency markets experience
- Experience with GoLang.
- Experience with FIX onboarding/certification.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services, Lambdas, gRPC, Envoy or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Kafka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, and other messaging infrastructures.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawnotices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations@ coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact accommodations@ coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Coinbase is the easiest place to buy and sell crypto. Our mission is to create an open financial system for the world.