This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 10 million monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Role
The next phase of the MetaMask browser extension will bring transformative new features to the web3 ecosystem, while strengthening the flagship features that empower our users today. Developing these new features within our secure plugin framework will be a paradigm shift for wallet users and developers alike.
We are looking for highly collaborative engineers to drive the development of these plugins. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences.
- Several years of experience in roles requiring collaboration with design, QA and product
- A passion for our mission and values
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Brings enthusiasm and the hustle to shipping high-quality code
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones.
- You’re a MetaMask user!
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- Previous hands-on experience with security and cryptography.
- Prior experience developing plugins of any sort.
- Familiarity with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Help implement new user-facing functionality, including adding new protocols, networks, account types, and more, all via the Snaps plugin system.
- Work with our design, QA, and product teams to build the best possible plugin products with compelling user experiences, while working within a secure execution environment and templated design system.
- Advise, from a developer perspective, on the Snaps API and contribute to the planning and growth of the API to support an ecosystem of community plugin developers.
About ConsenSys Software
ConsenSys Software is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, andDiligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Most Trusted Ethereum Blockchain Solutions ConsenSys is the software engineering leader of the blockchain space. Our full-stack Ethereum products ...