Lead Product Designer
Who We Are
Solana is a high performance blockchain that can enable growing decentralized applications and systems to scale without sacrificing security. Our team is highly specialized, so we’re looking for talented people who are willing to jump right in and use their expertise to help us find product market fit as we build out the Solana ecosystem. If you’re looking to join a fast paced, problem solving environment in the center of blockchain infrastructure, cryptocurrency and decentralized applications, then read on.
The Solana ecosystem is growing quickly. We are looking for a Lead Product Designer that can help shape the future of crypto. In this role, you will work specifically on high impact initiatives and drive them forward with other key projects built on Solana. You’ll research, conceptualize and validate new experiences, many of which may be adopted by a range of products, so your impact will be quite large. Every day you will balance between doing hands-on product development and sharing your best practices with the entire community.
What you'll do
- Work with a cross functional team to create innovative user experiences that set the bar for the future of crypto.
- Work with product managers to define new products and opportunities for Solana.
- Design user journeys and UIs that are beautiful and compelling. You’ll have the opportunity to raise the bar across multiple projects built on Solana.
- Audit and research new user experiences.
- Evangelize best design practices to other members of the Solana ecosystem.
- Rapidly prototype and test new product concepts and share with the team to drive key decision making.
Who you are
- You love creating brand new experiences and thrive in an environment where you can wear multiple hats in order to get the job done.
- You have experience shipping projects with complex user flows across a variety of different platforms.
- You move fast. Your experience helps you know how to compress the design process when necessary.
- You thrive in situations with high levels of ambiguity, knowing how to create order from the chaos.
- You can be autonomous and know how to work across multiple teams with fluid ownership roles.
- You are able to show your process in a way that helps the organization grow while simultaneously moving faster.
- You are willing to handle ambiguity, can solve difficult design problems autonomously, and don’t mind switching contexts in order to do whatever the team needs.
- You are opportunistic, seeing new pathways for new solutions and product offerings.
- You can identify user needs, sketch solutions, build prototypes, test ideas through user research, and refine designs with data and user feedback.
- You have an exceptional design aesthetic.
If you think you'd be a great fit but don't feel you meet some of these requirements, we still encourage you to apply!
- An online portfolio that demonstrates user-centered design solutions with strong user experience, visual and interaction design skills that include mobile apps and responsive websites.
- 5+ years of experience crafting excellent products
- Ability to work 4 hours a day on California business hours
Nice to have
- Experience with crypto and web3
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with 0 to 1 initiatives
- Experience designing in the open and influencing design community
- Very competitive salary and equity package
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance are 100% paid for
- Generous wellness benefits and equipment/workspace budget
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Build Crypto Apps that Scale. Sun with rays Solana is a fast, secure, censorship-resistant blockchain built for global adoption.