Senior Backend Engineer, Crypto Transfers
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Crypto Payments Engineering team!
As a Senior Engineer on the Crypto Payments Team, you’ll help build out the part of the BlockFi platform that handles all crypto transfers for retail clients. This includes integration with various crypto custodians as well as building fault-tolerant and scalable systems to handle all the deposits and withdrawals that occur on the BlockFi platform. We provide the glue between what the client sees within the BlockFi experience and what occurs on the blockchain. Navigating complex technical problems and providing insight, technical direction, and technical execution will be your day-to-day. The ability to build a solid working relationship with our custodian team and others including fraud, and compliance is a must.
- Build and maintain BlockFi’s crypto asset transfer platform services
- Collaborate with various teams including Custody, Security, Fraud, Risk, and Data Science.
- Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Research complex topics around specific blockchain networks including consensus algorithms, economic models, and node/network topology.
- Proactively identify and prioritize improvements to the team’s processes, codebases and best practices
- You have at least 7 years of experience in software engineering.
- You’ve designed, built, scaled and maintained production services, and know how to compose a service oriented architecture.
- Advanced proficiency in at least one language and open to learning new languages
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and interest in the crypto asset ecosystem and underlying technologies
- Experience with the finance industry, payments, crypto, asset custody, trading and/or exchange systems
Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Experience driving initiatives at a broader level across an organization or company
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance The old way of doing things doesn’t cut it anymore. With BlockFi, you can use cryptocurrency to earn interest at up to 8.6% APY,...