SENIOR MANAGER, FIDELITY DIGITAL ASSETS/BITCOIN TECHNOLOGY RISK
Fidelity Digital Assets is looking for a technical risk manager to help enable business growth while protecting Fidelity and its customers from the unique risks facing a digital asset company. As a member of the Fidelity Digital Assets Risk Management team, you will primarily focus on the oversight of key risks, threats, controls, and other critical risk management functions supporting the Fidelity Digital Assets custody and trading services as well as supporting the potential launch of innovative new products involving blockchain within Fidelity Digital Assets, FCAT, or beyond. You will be responsible for working with technology teams, business leaders, and with Compliance and Legal to support continued product growth of Fidelity Digital Assets. Active collaboration with cryptographic security, wallet, and technology teams to obtain a deep understanding of digital asset risks and controls will be central to the role.
Fidelity Digital Asset Services (FDAS) is an exciting new business unit focused on bringing industry-leading digital asset custody and trading services to institutional clients, and Fidelity Digital Assets Risk Management is a dynamic and innovative risk management team that enables business growth while protecting Fidelity and its customers. The team has responsibilities for operational, technology, credit, and trading risks and partnering with Fidelity Digital Assets business leaders to develop innovative solutions and foster a strong risk mindset.
The Expertise You Have
- 7+ years of related experience in Technology, Cybersecurity, Risk, an/or Audit
- Interest and/or understanding of blockchain or crypto assets is a plus
- Strong knowledge of Fidelity’s enterprise technology and enterprise cybersecurity a plus.
- Demonstrated technical abilities in multiple areas (e.g., blockchain, cryptographic security, technology infrastructure and application controls, cyber security, access management, network and cloud, resiliency, etc.)
- Knowledge of Industry standards, frameworks and standard methodologies, such as NIST SP800-53, COBIT, SOC1, ISO27001
- Experience managing risks, controls, and issue management.
- Strong ability to work and flourish in a fast-moving, challenging environment
The Skills You Bring
- Your curiosity and desire to support innovative initiatives to understand and managing the risk of digital assets
- Your love of solving complex problems and multifaceted technical issues, comfort with ambiguous situations, and your ability to help solution innovative ways to mitigate risk using your advanced analytical and critical thinking skills
- Your strong knowledge of information technology and cybersecurity processes and controls, and a comprehensive understanding of risk and quality control and assurance functions.
- Your strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Data analysis skills a plus.
- Your exceptional relationship management, collaboration, and influence skills
- Your proven ability to simultaneously identify, prioritize and address multiple issues and respond to shifts in priorities
- Your ability to influence key decision makers through a combination of knowledge, reasoning, and relationships
The Value You Deliver
- Establish and maintain a strong technology and crypto risk governance program that facilitates business growth while protecting Fidelity and its customers
- Providing advice, guidance, and consultation on technology initiatives
- Skillfully handle deep technical assessments and due diligence inquiries from clients, sales prospects, regulators, and internal/external auditors
- Perform technology risk assessments and issue mitigation/tracking for all aspects of FDAS
- Help growing business build control programs that appropriately mitigate risk and meet corporate standards
- Partner with business leaders to promote a collaborative environment that helps the business meet its goals while ensuring it stays within its risk tolerance
- Help with Lead the expansion of the Risk Assessment Program and introduce a Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program
- Leveraging your experience in the financial services, digital asset, or the risk/compliance industry with an emphasis on building control programs
- Provide management with updates on the status of Enterprise Services Risk Program, issues, incidents, and exceptions
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning and growth so you can build the career you’ve always imagined. We welcome associates from different backgrounds and with different perspectives to help us innovate and make a difference for our customers and our communities.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.