Head of Blockchain Security, US
About the company
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 million users on its platform today, Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time. Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have CCSS Level 3, ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance. Crypto.com is headquartered in Hong Kong with a 1000+ strong global team.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
About the role
Crypto.com is looking for a dynamic, experienced Head of Blockchain Security in the USA. This position is critical to the continued success of the business. The Head of Blockchain Security will work alongside our existing team and report to the office of the Group CISO, supporting our top-of-class Security, Risk, Privacy and Information Security Compliance programs. Critical for the individual to be able to move comfortably from 30,000 feet to the working level.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee the security of blockchain (crypto.org chain, DeFi, NFT, custodial wallet, etc) with major focus around USA and possibly other regions in the future
- Drive and contribute to the overall blockchain security and crypto.com security strategy
- Define and refine policy and procedures around blockchain security such as key or wallet management specifically in compliance with local regulations. Ensure compliance of the policy and procedures on various teams.
- Manages incident response on our blockchain stacks for the region.
- Work with various crypto.org or DeFi development teams to perform security assessments. This could include:
- Blockchain protocols changes
- Blockchain function enhancement
- Peripheral toolset around blockchain
- Wallet and Cryptographic functionality on the blockchain
- Manages blockchain security monitoring tools for the US region including extending the capabilities and 24/7 monitoring.
- Help oversee ad-hoc blockchain security projects as required
- Minimum 7 years of working experience (not necessary for the full 7 years in blockchain space, but ideally should have worked in the blockchain industry). Bonus if you have a background in the Financial Services sector or similar regulated institutions.
- Experienced in security of key or wallet management
- Experienced in systematically compromise distributed systems
- Experienced in using automated security analysis tools and fuzz testing tools
- Familiar and comfortable to perform source code reviews focusing on security matter
- Experience in assessing blockchain consensus and protocols
- Understanding and hands-on experience in DeFi ecosystem (specifically in Ethereum)
- Understanding of Ethereum blockchain, Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM)
- Understanding of Layer 2 solutions and cross-chain bridge technologies
- In depth understanding of at least one blockchain
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Flat team. Work side by side with the co-founding team
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10 milli...