Director, Talent Sourcing
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
You will be responsible for the creation and leadership of an elite Talent Sourcing function, designed to source and maintain key talent pipelines across multiple channels with an emphasis on outstanding quality and diversity. The role will suit an experienced operational and strategic leader who carefully balances the art and science of sourcing and top of funnel. Kraken Sourcers are expected to be masters of engagement and influence, building relationships with talent pools through personalized, empathetic positioning of our culture and value proposition. This critical and exciting role will play a key part in the creation of a hyper-scale machine, contributing broadly across the talent leadership team and hiring ecosystem.
Over the next 12 months, you can expect to have achieved the following:
- Built a world-class, modern Talent Sourcing function from scratch to engage and acquire exceptional talent (tech and non-tech) from all over the world.
- Made it possible for the business to more than double in size from our current 2,400 Krakenites
- Incubated and nurtured a talent pool ecosystem, offering best in class access to diverse communities and candidate channels
- Developed innovative and comprehensive sourcing strategies and programmes
- Pioneered modern and creative sourcing techniques designed to open doors to new, ‘bar raising’ passive candidates
- Created the playbook for sourcing excellence and spearheaded level-up training across the function and across the business
- Introduced an interconnected suite of ‘best in class’ systems and tools, creating efficiency and efficacy in the sourcing and candidate journey
- Partnered closely with Marketing and Employer Branding to generate compelling and attractive content against a regular rhythm
- Substantial recruitment experience within a reputable fast-growing technology business against ruthless competition
- Deep experience as a strategic and operational leader of recruiting/sourcing teams, partnering deeply with the business and senior stakeholders
- Experienced manager of managers, with a team in excess of 30 people
- Creative and operational expert of talent channel development and lead generation
- Influential and convincing storyteller, able to inspire and lead from the front
- Steadfast organizer, able to prioritise and deploy resources for maximum effectiveness
- Champion of data-driven insights balanced with an instinct for improvement
- Deep appreciation and respect for the fundamentals of talent acquisition, but creative, curious and innovative when considering modern tactics
- Empathetic, emotionally intelligent, motivated and passionate
- Highly resilient, relentless and cheerful in the face of adversity
Location Tagging: #US #EU #LI-AN1 #LI-Remote #Canada
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Kraken. We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.