Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
We’re looking for well-rounded product designers to help us reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re not building a fintech company here. We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
What you’ll do
- Have contributed to the design of multiple high-quality, digital experiences
- Create high quality, delightful experiences with designers, researchers, product managers, content specialists, and engineers
- Balance business objectives, consumer needs, insights and technical constraints to produce data-informed outcomes
- Take concepts from research, to exploration, to prototypes, to production
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full accountability for your work and exercise consideration of every detail
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Contribute to the definition and expansion of new and existing design systems
What we look for
- Demonstrated high-quality interactive design work across mobile and desktop platforms
- Methods grounded in human-centered design and research; asking the right questions before assuming solutions or success
- Natural storytellers with a demonstrated ability to rationalize design decisions
- A desire to work on a rapidly growing and evolving design team, helping shape its culture and operations
- Egoless, mindful, and open minded
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
Nice but not necessary
- An interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or financial products
- A consumer of our products
- Experience designing financial products, trading platforms, or numerically-oriented interfaces
Location Tagging: #EU #US #APAC #LI-Remote #LI-BL1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers.
Stay in the know
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Kraken. We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.