Head of HR - Canada
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
Our Head of Human Resources - Canada will lead the HR and recruiting team for the Product and Engineering/Tech organization. This is a permanent position.
- Work with management team to establish people strategies including but not limited to recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation & benefits, talent development, employee engagement & retention, and internal communications
- Help build, motivate, and mentor a team of high-performing recruiters and related programs to meet the ambitious and aggressive hiring plans
- Help build and apply HR policies and manage employee relations issues
- Provide coaching/guidance on people management skills, including career pathing and leveling, change management, org design, and tricky and complicated people situations
- Identify and advise leadership on the development needs of all teams and functions in Canada and other global locations
- Approach people matters with an eye toward compliance and reducing risks
- Create and manage budgets for the related groups Identify specific behaviors that contribute to macro patterns and provide solutions on how to address them
- Analyze trends & use data to develop people programs and influence change
- Build excellent working relationships across the business.
- 5+ years of relevant HR experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree in a relevant area of education
- Track record of prioritizing, defining, developing, and rolling out scalable HR solutions that address the needs of the business
- Fully developed coaching and problem solving skills
- Deep understanding of the software development process and the ability to partner well with technical leaders
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability
- Must have prior experience working in a high growth environment; Fintech experience is a significant plus
- Ability to communicate well in English and Mandarin
- Demonstrated experience with data and analytics
- Understanding of relevant employment laws
- Expertise in performance management
- Self-driven and highly motivated.
The salary range for this position is CAD$150,000 to $250,000. This position is eligible for health and welfare benefits, relocation assistance, living allowance (depending on circumstances), professional development,
Position location: The is a remote position but the employee must be resident in British Columbia. Regular visits to our office will be required. Our current Vancouver office location: 777 Dunsmuir Street, Vancouver, BC V7Y 1K4. Our mailing address is 20th Floor, 250 Howe Street, Vancouver BC V6C 3R8. If you would like to reach us to discuss this position, please contact hr@binance.US.
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Unfortunately, we are not hiring in Colorado or New York City for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Proudly serving the US w/ 65+ cryptocurrencies, low fees and cutting-edge technology.