This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we're excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and are proud to be recognized as Y Combinator's #26ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. We also know how critical it is to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. To help facilitate this, we support remote, hybrid or onsite work at either New York City or San Francisco for the majority of our opportunities.
We’re looking for an extraordinary animator who will be working closely with designers to support our marketing and community team to define and create assets and materials that reflects our brand and the nascent space of web 3. If you’re excited to work at a company that is building and shaping the future of marketplaces to empower creators and collectors, welcome to OpenSea.
- Sketch, storyboard, ideate, and generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction and self-driven research.
- Lead the animation efforts, aligning with Marketing, Community, Design, and Product teams, taking direction and giving feedback to develop and ship animated content.
- Work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment with a small team.
- Produce strong conceptual and expressive animations that are engaging and reflect a cohesive brand aesthetic.
- Work with our designers to define and drive the evolution of our visual system and curious to experiment.
- 3+ years of experience working professionally as a 3D character animator, with skills in two or more disciplines: graphic design, brand design, or illustration.
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work to be considered for this role (include link on your resume).
- Experience with animating illustrations to full video productions.
- Portfolio exhibits conceptual experience, composition and color.
- Experience with visual storytelling including editorial animation and/or illustration.
- Expert level Maya and After Effects experience.
- A plus, if you are a crypto curious and passionate about OpenSea.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The largest NFT marketplace Buy, sell, and discover rare digital items