Regulatory and Licensing Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Voyager is a Publicly traded company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (VOYG), OTC Markets (VYGVF) and the Frankfurt Exchange (UCD2). Voyager is the global leader in agency cryptocurrency brokerage. At Voyager we are building the financial services firm of the future that will be used by millions of users globally to easily access trade, invest and earn in the cryptocurrency markets.
We are a team of finance and technology industry veterans dedicated to empowering and servicing investors in one of the most exciting asset classes to date - crypto. Our founders stem from reputable finance and technology organizations like E*TRADE, Uber, TradeIt, Lightspeed Financial and more.
The Voyager team includes employees with diverse backgrounds and skills. Our culture has quickly grown into one that promotes collaboration, transparency, and entrepreneurialism.
To learn more about Voyager please visit us at www.investvoyager.com.
We are changing the world and love what we do so if you want to work at a fast paced, exciting environment please apply.
The Regulatory and Licensing Associate will support the Voyager Compliance team with its reporting, licensing, marketing compliance and other related compliance functions and be expected to be aware of product development and corporate changes in a fast-moving environment.
This role requires experience in regulatory licensing (e.g., state money transmitter licenses), application submissions and license maintenance requirements, knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, as well as consumer protection laws.
In addition, this role will be involved in maintaining compliance with internal policies and procedures that are part of our robust Anti-money Laundering Compliance Program and compliance testing.
This role will also be engaged in the review and approval of marketing materials, promotions and social media content
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail and results-oriented, experienced in AML and Sanctions compliance, have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, and have excellent project, time management, and people skills.
- Support the day-to-day management of regulatory licensing applications, maintenance of existing licenses, and compliance reporting with NMLS and FinCEN
- Participate in risk assessments, audits, and examinations
- Support critical and complex AML compliance initiatives (e.g., Travel Rule)
- Review and research OFAC false positives and escalate potential OFAC issues for review; file OFAC reports, if required.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence (CDD), review Customer Risk Ranking, conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), escalate potential AML risks with recommendations for mitigation.
- Work collaboratively with the compliance team related to suspicious activity alerts and initial investigations and escalation of same.
- Implement respective BSA/AML and OFAC procedures and recommend procedure improvements based on regulations and industry best practices that correspond to the Company’s business model.
- Support the drafting of materials and presentations for key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., senior leadership, industry partners, regulators, bank partners)
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a compliance professional at a fintech, bank, or large financial institution.
- Experience in AML/KYC investigations and sanctions compliance
- Understanding of due diligence and enhanced due diligence processes
- Successful collaborator with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and adept at managing competing priorities
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver, with meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge and interest in cryptocurrency
- CAMS certification preferred
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Benefits including healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k with company match
- Stock Options
- Unlimited PTO
Voyager is headquartered in New York City with satellite offices in New Jersey, California, Toronto and Bordeaux.
Please contact us via the button below or at email@example.com with your resume and a brief explanation as to why you would like to join the Voyager team.
*Please note that during COVID-19 we are working remotely.
Voyager digital is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We believe that crypto assets are the future of finance and investing. Together, we are creating the broker that the crypto market deserves.