This job is no longer accepting applications.
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for Software Architects to join our growing team!
About Your Team
At BlockFi, Software Architects play a crucial role in designing and communicating company-wide architectural strategy and setting architectural guidelines across the engineering organization. Our architects work collaboratively with stakeholders and developers to influence the architecture of systems running in production and act as integral & embedded members of the engineering teams they interact with.
As a Software Architect, you’ll work closely with several engineering teams to help clarify and improve the architecture of their systems as well as designing and communicating company-wide architectural strategy. We are looking for architects who have real world distributed systems experience, who still consider themselves hands on engineers and are passionate about building strong cross-functional relationships and solving complex software architectural challenges.
- Ensure architecture and design decisions are aligned with business vision, and that our systems are built for availability, reliability, scalability, and security from the ground up.
- Enable early and continuous delivery of business value, integrating across technical (development, infrastructure, security, QA, SRE, etc.) and non-technical functions.
- Guide tech leads and team members in carefully considering business goals, trade-offs, quality attributes, cross-cutting concerns, and risks prior to committing to design decisions.
- Support conversations with stakeholders, together with product managers, to understand the problem domain, business goals, quality attribute requirements, and timelines for committing to architectural decisions.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the technical and design challenges teams are facing, and regularly communicate this back to the Architecture Team.
- Document architecture and architectural decisions, explicitly outlining tradeoffs, quality attributes, and alternatives considered.
- Facilitate cross-team and cross-functional communication. And explain architecture and decisions to both business stakeholders and developers, justifying those decisions in terms they understand.
- As a member of the Architecture Team, contribute to the development of engineering-wide standards and initiatives to continuously raise the bar for engineering.
- Build prototypes, simple models, and scaffolding for new technologies.
- Though working hours depend on your time zone, for this role you will need to be available daily for meetings between 9:00-12:00 US Eastern Time, and sometimes later.
- Experience designing software architecture and implementing high-quality software.
- Solid industry experience working with, designing, and building distributed systems at scale.
- Ability to explain complex ideas to stakeholders of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Desire to help those around you grow and learn from you.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative while maintaining transparency and collaboration with a larger team.
- Demonstrable experience with establishing strong relationships with technical and nontechnical stakeholders, integrating a variety of perspectives (end users, product, engineering, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across multiple teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as Pension Fund, Parental Leave, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance The old way of doing things doesn’t cut it anymore. With BlockFi, you can use cryptocurrency to earn interest at up to 8.6% APY,...