DIRECTOR, BLOCKCHAIN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
Director Blockchain Engineer
As a Director Blockchain Engineer on the Digital Asset Security Team you will design and build software to manage and secure cryptocurrencies at Fidelity Digital Assets. You will be responsible for setting technical direction as well as developing security solutions supporting various cryptocurrencies.
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Expert knowledge and experience in Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain and transaction protocols and cryptography foundations
- Expert knowledge of major BIPs and EIPs, eg. Bip32, HD wallets, EIP1014, SegWit, Taproot, Schnorr.
- Rapid prototyping and pickup on emerging technologies and new protocols in cryptocurrency and blockchain such as taproot, Proof-of-stake, threshold signature, multisig, HD wallet, multi-party-computation, zero knowledge proof etc.
- Strong hands-on math and cryptography algorithm and programming experience such as Shamir Secret Share, ECDSA, RSA, AES
- Strong experience with Solidity to connect with the crypto ecosystem
- Knowledgeable about smart contract security and best practices
- Knowledgeable about DeFi and industry trends
- Proven experience in core Java technologies and frameworks like Spring Boot
- 5+ years of experience with AWS and cloud computing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
The Enterprise Cybersecurity group within Enterprise Technology is tasked with setting Fidelity’s strategy, policy, and standards for the security of and operations in cyberspace. This role offers tremendous exposure to industry leading Cryptographic processes & practices, exposure to Hardware Security Modules (HSM) & other Crypto security solutions, exposure to Blockchain/Digital Currencies, Public Key Cryptography (PKI) solutions, APIs, and other leading systems monitoring tools & technologies for Data Protection.
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award
, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.