FIDELITY DIGITAL ASSETS TRADER
The Digital Assets Trader is responsible for trading operations and execution activity of digital assets on the desk. This role is an integral part of the investment process, collaborating across investment functions. It acts as the eyes and ears for the investment team, filtering market color and observations to assist in portfolio management. With a sound understanding of market structure, the digital asset ecosystem, execution processes, and strong relationships with industry participants, this role executes orders efficiently while managing execution costs and minimizing portfolio slippage. This role will also collaborate on development of current and future trade execution capabilities, partnering with FDF leadership to define growth enablers and deliver quality outcomes for our portfolios and shareholders.
This role reports to the head of Fidelity Digital Funds, the emerging digital assets investment manager of Fidelity Investments. FDF is responsible for portfolio management, research, trading, and investment product development for this emerging asset class. We are a lean startup that values creativity and a get-it-done approach. Our team members are passionate students of the industry, incurably curious and dedicated to delivering the best digital assets investment experience we can for Fidelity’s clients.
The Purpose of the Role
- Collaborate on the definition, implementation and enhancement of FDF’s trading function
- Manage the daily execution of digital asset order flow on behalf of FDF portfolios
- Proactive engagement with Portfolio Managers and Research Analysts across FDF as an integral member of the investment process, demonstrating subject matter expertise
- Partner with legal, risk, compliance, and operational teams that support FDF
- Foster and maintain effective relationships with liquidity providers to ensure proper coverage
- Understand current market dynamics, evolving regulatory regimes, and compliance parameters to ensure FDF operates within the appropriate guidelines
- Communicate market trends, new developments, and reporting of trading desk activities
- Ownership and accountability to all execution quality and portfolio impacts
The Skills You Bring
- 2-5 years of trading desk experience with a deep understanding of the principles of trade execution and its application to the investment process
- Robust understanding of the asset class, including market structure, trade lifecycle, and supporting regulatory parameters or demonstrable ability to translate traditional asset skillset to this market
- Sound working knowledge of O/EMS applications and related technology/software, and utilization for effective trading outcomes
- Strong communication skills and an ability to effectively engage with investment professionals inside and outside of FDF, as well as executive leadership
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a collaborative approach; willing to work in a “start-up”, fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to multi-task effectively
- Highest level of integrity, putting Fidelity and our customers first
The Value You Deliver
- An efficient and effective trading function for digital assets at Fidelity
- You are a digital assets product subject matter expert that thoughtfully influences strategy, business priorities and implementation plans
- Key member of the FDF investment team
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award
, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2022. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
As a result of COVID-19, many of our associates are continuing to work remotely. When Fidelity employees eventually return to the office, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.