Launched in 2019, Binance.US is the fastest growing and most integrated digital asset marketplace in the United States, powered by matching engine and wallet technologies license from the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange - Binance. Our mission is to provide liquidity, transparency, and efficiency to financial markets by creating products that leverage crypto to unlock the power of everything. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all—empowering the future of finance. Binance.US is operated by BAM Trading Services.
Collaborating closely with internal stakeholders, corporate development, legal, tax, HR and finance department colleagues, your responsibilities will include (i) corporate governance, (ii) debt and equity financing, (iii) securities compliance, and (iv) other significant strategic transactions. You will also be responsible for providing prompt, incisive, and practical advice to the business as we rapidly expand the business through international expansion, employment, and corporate acquisitions.
This Corporate Counsel position presents a one of a kind opportunity to be a part of our founding and fast-growing legal team at Binance.US ! We are looking to add a charismatic and hard working individual who can help solve a variety of legal and business challenges within a fast-moving, focused, and collaborative environment.
What you'll do
- General corporate governance includes primarily corporate compliance and observation of the appropriate formalities and formation of the appropriate processes
- Provide creative, innovative, and effective legal solutions for business stakeholders on routinely short timelines
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, accounting, corporate development, compliance, tax, equity, compensation and other areas
- Responsible for researching and analyzing legal issues, statutes, regulations and cases and developing guidance
- Responsible for negotiating with outside parties on customer complaints and legal disputes
- Maintain current knowledge and keep informed of industry-specific regulations and ensure that appropriate risk management strategies are in place
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, time management and research skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Leading legal work for corporate strategic transactions, including corporate governance and compliance, joint ventures, securities compliance, and debt and equity financing
- 5 - 8 years of relevant corporate legal experience at a leading national firm, or comparable in house practice, with exposure to high growth companies
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism
- Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small)
- Must be active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States, ideally Delaware
Binance.US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our mission is to give Americans access to a broad array of digital assets, and we thrive because of the diverse and inclusive team that we are building. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance. Unfortunately, we are not hiring in Colorado or New York City for this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Proudly serving the US w/ 65+ cryptocurrencies, low fees and cutting-edge technology.