Senior Software Engineer
Atlanta, GA, USA Remote
Storj Labs Inc. is pioneering decentralized cloud storage with the world's first decentralized cloud storage network with enterprise SLAs. We make object storage secure, private, and more resilient than other leading cloud storage providers. Our mission is to enable the decentralized future, and our vision is to be the storage layer for the decentralized internet. To accomplish this, it is important that our team is equipped to succeed.
Our people are our most important asset. We strive to provide them with meaningful professional engagement and generous benefits. Storj promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized training opportunities, proactive diversity efforts, and peer mentorship. Our comprehensive employee benefits include generous healthcare and insurance coverage, FSA and transportation reimbursement plans, a 401(k) plan, competitive equity, unlimited PTO, and six-weeks paid parental leave.
Storj is headquartered in Atlanta and has team members around the globe. As a remote-first company, we’ve built a culture based on transparency, inclusion, and open communication. Storj hosts regularly scheduled week-long gatherings (optional in-person when travel is safe) for collaborative work and team building.
Storj is looking for an experienced backend software engineer to join our Multi-tenant S3 Gateway team. The Multi-tenant S3 Gateway is a hosted service that enables clients using other cloud providers to transfer files to the Storj network. As part of the team, you will contribute to this critical feature and enable users to switch from Amazon S3 and other cloud providers to the Storj distributed network easily.
While we don’t expect you to be already an expert in every technology we list, we are looking for people who have a demonstrated ability to learn, grow, understand requirements, and get stuff done.
- Maintain and improve the S3-compatibility library of the Multi-tenant S3 Gateway
- Maintain and improve the S3-compatibility test suite
- Maintain and improve the authentication service that generates S3 access and secret keys for S3 clients for accessing the Storj network
- Design and implement an end-to-end encryption solution between S3 clients and the Storj network
- Design, implement, and maintain other features for the Storj network
- Design, implement, and maintain client libraries and tools for the Storj network
- Work with Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Work with build pipelines and tools such as Jenkins
- Work directly with the QA, Support, and DevOps teams to resolve issues
- 5+ years of professional coding experience in Go or other object-oriented programming languages
- Working knowledge or deep interest in distributed systems
- Experience with using the API of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks, and APIs quickly
- Strong team player, quality conscious, excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, and highly self-motivated
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
At Storj Labs, we celebrate diversity and strive for an inclusive work culture. More than a statement on our careers page, these concepts are ingrained in our core values:
Secure - We believe security and privacy in product, process, and habit is key to everything we do.
Together - We inspire, execute, and celebrate as one team, with a commitment to trust, inclusion, collaboration, and accountability.
Open - We’re committed to the free and open sharing of software, information, knowledge, and ideas.
Resolute - We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing. We resolve always to treat others ethically, with empathy, understanding, and trust.
Empowered - We empower our users to control their data, our teammates to do great work, and our community to build economic value.
Different - We think differently, act differently, and always strive to make a difference.
We don’t make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.