Manager, Visa Crypto
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Are you passionate about the intersection of payments and cryptocurrency? Are you deeply familiar with permissionless blockchain technology and have a close network of experts in the fast moving cryptocurrency and fintech ecosystem? Are you excited about the challenge of developing new products for Visa to deliver value to fintechs and crypto platforms?
As a product manager on the Visa crypto team, this person will have responsibility for executing Visa’s product strategy within the cryptocurrency ecosystem. This highly motivated individual will be responsible for managing a product roadmap and collaborating with key stakeholders across the strategy, risk, research, and engineering organizations. This individual will work in close collaboration with the Visa Research team to develop new products to deliver value to fintechs and Visa. This person should have great problem solving skills and creativity to find new opportunities and anticipate how cryptocurrencies could impact payments.
Essential functions include:
- Manage the product strategy and roadmap for cryptocurrency related opportunities
- Define product scope and feature prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Ideate and execute opportunities to build products that leverage Visa’s core competencies
- Influence and provide market feedback and knowledge sharing to the entire cross-functional team and executive leadership
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of products
- Keep up with cutting edge technology especially open source projects, and strive to contribute to Visa’s IP portfolio
- 5+ years’ experience in product management in the crypto, fintech, or retail payments space
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Possess significant functional knowledge of the cryptocurrency ecosystem and players involved, including in-depth knowledge around permisionless blockchain technology as well as a deep understanding of existing retail payment solutions
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity to identify new opportunities/anticipate how crypto can impact payments ecosystem
- Strong product acumen – ability to take concepts, scope them into clear products, and partner with engineering to build and deliver to market.
- Expertise in explaining complex concepts and technologies to a broad audience of external and internal partners
- Advanced management and communication skills with the ability to coach and mentor a team across all levels of an organization
- Creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Demonstrated ability to articulate, drive, and motivate a team towards a strategic vision and roadmap
- Ability to successfully build strong partnerships with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Decisive and action oriented even in ambiguous situations
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment ne...