Director of Engineering
Uniswap is the largest decentralized trading and automated market making protocol (often called a DEX, Decentralized Exchange) on Ethereum. Since launching in 2018, Uniswap Protocol has processed over $110B in volume and increasing to the tune of $1B+ daily.
We are one of the smallest and most impactful teams in crypto. Normally, we are based out of Brooklyn in New York City but the pandemic forced us to go remote for the last year. We hope to come back to a physical office as soon as it's safe.
Our engineering team consists of developers with skills across the stack, from Smart Contracts to Frontend. The team grew substantially (to 6 full-timers and 2 interns) in the last few months and now needs a dedicated leader to exclusively focus on its well-being. You will oversee all engineering activities - including hiring, staffing and working closely with the rest of the company to deliver high quality products.
- Define and promote engineering team culture
- Advocate for and implement best practices in the engineering team
- Work with and lightly manage our engineers towards overall Uniswap goals
- Make key architectural decisions and tradeoffs
- Recruit a diverse team of engineers to support our growth
- Collaborate with Product and Design on strategy, design and sequencing
- You are an empathetic communicator and natural collaborator who can work with people across the org
- You have been a manager for at least a mid-sized engineering team for at least 3 years
- You have grown a team at an engineering-driven organization across the full spectrum: sourcing, interviewing, closing, onboarding and developing talent
- You have a strong interest in the crypto/blockchain space
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical field
Nice to have
- Prior experience building in crypto/DeFi
- Love for unicorns :)
Uniswap welcomes all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full time role which includes health insurance and other benefits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Decentralized Trading Protocol Guaranteed liquidity for millions of users and hundreds of Ethereum applications.