Lead Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The engineering team at Flipside Crypto is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help us build out our suite of analytics products.
As Lead Software Engineer at Flipside Crypto, you will be responsible for building out the tools and products that the world’s leading blockchains use to convert complex blockchain data into actionable insights.
Our engineering team has extensive expertise across data pipelining, distributed databases, at-scale web-applications, large-scale front-end applications and data visualizations. We work relentlessly towards our goals, and care a great deal about building quality products with a talented, authentic team.
We are currently remote, and we plan to be fully remote post-COVID, but do still have an office in Boston, which you will have access to. Longer-term plans for the office space are still TBD.
As a Lead Software Engineer at Flipside Crypto you will:
- Lead and scope large technical projects.
- Manage the entire sprint process, including grooming, planning, standups and retros for a team of full stack engineers.
- Directly contribute to the front-end and API backend by writing code, and setting the standard for how great software should be developed at Flipside.
- Scrutinize and arbitrate technology/architecture choices as we build out our products. You will often be the decider of these choices.
- Mentor, support and level up other engineers.
- Manage the uptime and health of the products you develop.
- Work closely with Flipside’s product and data science teams.
You are a fit if:
- You possess a strong technical background that includes 8+ years of experience working as a full stack engineer with system architecture experience.
- You have previously served as a technical lead and owned a technical roadmap.
- You are excited to be a generalist and willing to do whatever it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- You have development experience building, running and debugging front-end applications leveraging modern tools, such as React, Typescript and NextJS.
- You have experience developing Restful APIs and have worked with at least one statically typed language (i.e. Go).
- You have extensive experience working with backend data stores, such as Postgres and Redis at scale.
- You have a high bar for the quality of the user experience, the quality of code and ultimately an attention to detail.
- You are comfortable with the command line, and are not afraid to get your hands dirty with infrastructure and ops when required.
- You are capable of glueing together different services and tools, even if you haven’t previously worked with them.
- You have worked with product teams in an agile sprint based manner.
- You are relentless when tasked with solving hairy technical challenges.
Blockchain technology is often uncharted territory, but if you're comfortable applying your skills in unknown problem spaces, and excited by the idea of creating the standards of tomorrow, you'll fit right in.
Flipside Crypto provides business intelligence for blockchains. Flipside’s proprietary process extracts all on-chain data and applies labels to transactions in order to identify on-chain behaviors for more than 60 blockchains. The data is accessed via self-service queries with a visual layer for business intelligence dashboards, to provide a clear view of real-time stakeholder behaviors and all token flows. These dashboards can be made public through Flipside’s Data Cooperative or Community Consoles.
Flipside also rates crypto assets using FCAS, a relative value for measuring the fundamental health of cryptocurrency ecosystems. FCAS is accessed nearly 3 million times per day via partners such as CoinMarketCap, Messari, MarketWatch and TheStreet. Flipside Crypto is led by a team of experienced technology entrepreneurs with multiple exits; it’s backed by Galaxy Digital Ventures, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, Avon Ventures (a venture capital fund affiliated with FMR LLC, the parent company of Fidelity Investments) and other investors.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Business intelligence for blockchain organizations. Flipside enables blockchain ecosystems to live up to their full potential.