Front-end web developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what is best for Ethereum’s long-term success. Our role is to allocate resources to critical projects, to be a valued voice within the Ethereum ecosystem, and to advocate for Ethereum to the outside world.
Make ethereum.org (and the suite of Ethereum Foundation web applications) as performant, feature-rich and accessible as possible. As a front-end developer, you'll create slick, fun and functional web applications visited by tens of millions of diverse Ethereum users each year. You'll collaborate with product, design and research teammates to shape the design and features of our products. You'll empower the next generation of Ethereum users and builders to change our world for the better.
- You're an ambitious software developer. You live and breath open source software, UI components, design systems and web APIs.
- You have an opinionated sense of design. You're experienced collaborating with designers and user researchers but are comfortable building product interfaces yourself if needed.
- You have an ownership mentality. When you take on a task, you get it done. You proactively troubleshoot problems blocking your path, and the problems blocking the paths of others.
- You enjoy teaching as much as you enjoy learning. You’re comfortable writing technical content for developers including documentation, project templates and tutorials.
- You're comfortable pitching in to get the job done. We're a small team, sometimes you may have to do work outside of your "core responsibilities".
- You're fascinated by Ethereum... the community as much as the technology.
- Create performant, slick, accessible web applications visited by tens of millions of diverse Ethereum users each year.
- Actively shape the design and feature of products you build in collaboration with design, product, and research teammates as well as open source community members.
- Work beyond just shipping your product; evaluate, evolve, and optimize your work to deliver the best, most valuable user experiences.
- Constantly push to make front-end development on your team and within the ecosystem better by identifying efficiencies, reusable abstractions, and communicating best practices.
Required skills and experience:
- You have 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- You know how to build products using a modern web development framework (React, Vue, Angular, Ember, etc). Our current stacks are primarily React (and Ethereum!) based.
- You are comfortable with all of the fundamental web development technologies (ES6+, HTML, CSS, etc).
- You understand browsers, DOM, web accessibility and can solve cross-browser compatibility issues, optimize client-side performance, and build responsive designs.
- You’ve used modern web development tooling across the stack: CSS preprocessors, bundlers, testing frameworks, CI tools, web analytics.
- You’re a great teammate, participating in design and code reviews, pairing, and mentoring as needed to make our team better.
- You're passionate about the the crypto/blockchain/Ethereum space and have dabbled with the developer tools available.
- This is a full-time, remote position (not actually based in Alaska - this listing software requires a location :P).
- Compensation will ultimately depend on your experience, skillset and the contract structure but you can expect $40-50 per hour, or $75,000-$95,000 annual salary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Ethereum Foundation (EF) is a global non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Ethereum and related technologies. Our mission is to do what ...