Social Media Manager (NBA Top Shot)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a social media professional with great experience looking for a chance to make your mark on the sports industry with a brand new tech forward product? We’re looking for a community builder who knows how to build a voice and attract an audience. Join us on NBA Top Shot - the first officially-licensed digital collectibles and accompanying mobile game on the Flow blockchain.
Together we will bring NBA Top Shot to market by growing our social media channels and supporting the future of basketball fandom. You will be the tip of the spear in building and growing the NBA Top Shot community across Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Discord, Reddit, and whatever comes next, and bringing our products to the 1.6 billion basketball fans across the world. This includes being responsible for everything from social media strategy to creative direction to keeping our feeds vibrant with posts that will be valuable to NBA Top Shot collectors.
This is a huge opportunity to build a social media program from the ground up. You must enjoy problem solving, getting your hands dirty, having a major impact directly on product adoption, and collaborating across many stakeholders. Every day, you will work with a world-class team to defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products.
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, and the Flow blockchain. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs’ mission is to make the world a more open place by driving adoption of blockchain technology. Blockchains are public computers, enabling developers to build applications that are transparent, freely accessible, and let users to keep control of their own digital assets and data. Blockchain applications, once deployed, can be immutable – meaning other developers can build on top of them without any fear or platform risk. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
What You’ll Accomplish Here:
- Act as the primary publisher of content to NBA Top Shot channels including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
- Produce original content series including topics like Marketplace dynamics, major pulls, and basketball milestones that will delight and inform collectors.
- Advise social engagement loops in the NBA Top Shot product.
- Keep the NBA Top Shot team apprised of market trends in social media.
- Bring new collectors into NBA Top Shot every day.
- Collaborate with designers to execute on NBA-caliber assets.
- Find the most avid basketball fan collectors on the planet, wherever they live online.
- Obsessively follow the NBA and capitalize on viral trends in the basketball world.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Can live and breathe social media.
- Is obsessed with current trends in basketball fandom.
- Is an expert with experience in hands-on social media marketing experience.
- Is a basketball fan who can live and breathe the sport.
- Is a professional with a proven track record of building vibrant campaigns.
- Is a world class communicator who can inspire fans around the world.
- Is effective at working across stakeholders including: artists, engineers, community managers.
- Understands the rigors and needs of a small team and startup environment.
- Gets that managing social media for a vibrant brand with a vocal community is not a 9 to 5 gig.
- Bonus: Experience with Photoshop and video editing software like Premiere and After Effects.
- Has at least 5+ years experience managing marketing or growth for a high growth startup, major brand, or game studio.
- Experience working with large IPs managing social media channels.
- Strong brand voice skills, ability to become the brand, ability to add value to fans day-to-day life.
- Deep knowledge and fandom of the NBA and the ability to hold your own in a conversation with the biggest fans on the planet.
- Strong empathy to understand the fan experience and advocate on their behalf.
- Strong writing skills, ability to be concise.
- Ability to quickly analyze data and make decisions based on it.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper team members are humble and curious builders who share a passion to make the world a more open and empowering place through adoption of decentralized systems. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members with perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. We offer minimum 15 days off per year with no hard limit for our high impact individuals. As a remote-first company, live and work from where it suits you best.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When safe to return to our office, those in Vancouver who choose to do so can fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The serious business of fun and games on the blockchain No jargon or nonsense. Just good fun. Dapper Labs uses the power of play to deliver blockcha...