Director of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for user-owned digital goods, which include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and other items backed by a blockchain. These digital goods have brand new properties: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. We're building a brand new economy from the ground up based on digital ownership. The team has backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Palantir, Google, Facebook, and Pinterest, funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, Blockstack, and Blockchain Capital.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in software engineering
- At least 5 years of engineering management experience
- You know what high quality code — and software engineering processes — look like and know how to foster an environment that creates them
- Execution focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity
- Ability to do both long term thinking and short term planning
- Experience creating, delivering, and operating multi-tenanted, distributed systems at scale
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The largest NFT marketplace Buy, sell, and discover rare digital items