Content Producer- Sports | Blockchain Initiatives
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Headquartered in New York, NY, The Topps Company, Inc. is a leading creator and international marketer of distinctive confections and sports and entertainment products. The Global Sports and Entertainment division produces trading cards and collectibles, custom cards, memorabilia, sticker album collections and more related to iconic and pop culture brands such as Major League Baseball, Major League Soccer, Star Wars, Bundesliga, UEFA Champions League, World Wrestling Entertainment and Garbage Pail Kids. Topps’ Digital Apps division produces, develops and operates mobile applications that give you access to an exclusive digital card collection at your fingertips that are sold via the Apple and Google app stores under the brand names BUNT, KICK, NHL SKATE, Star Wars Card Trader, The Walking Dead Card Trader, Fear The Walking Dead Trader, WWE SLAM, Marvel Collect! and Disney Collect! https://play.toppsapps.com/. Topps’ confectionery brands, which are marketed under its Bazooka Candy Brands division, include Bazooka Bubble Gum, Ring Pop, Push Pop, Baby Bottle Pop, Juicy Drop and Match-Ems confectionery items https://www.candymania.com/.
The Topps Company was founded in 1938 as Topps Chewing Gum, and in its early years produced a popular penny "Topps Gum" from a factory in Brooklyn, NY. After World War II, the company developed Bazooka Bubble Gum, and in 1950, added trading cards to its product line. Baseball cards appeared in 1951 and quickly became a vital part of pop culture, a tradition that continues to this day. Topps was acquired in October of 2007 by Madison Dearborn Partners, a private equity group, and The Tornante Company, an investment company owned by Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney. Although headquartered in New York City, Topps maintains offices in several countries including the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, India and Brazil.
Topps is looking for an enthusiastic and driven Content Producer to join our world-class digital group. As a member of this team, you will be charged with helping to deliver the highest quality digital sports and entertainment collectibles to fans all over the world. We are on a mission to dramatically lift the quality of our apps and innovate the Topps brand. We are looking for people with the passion, talent and focus to create the highest quality digital collectibles around sports properties such as MLB, Soccer Leagues & NHL, and entertainment brands such as FOX, Star Wars, Marvel and Disney!
Join our dynamic and entrepreneurial team to be a driving force as we transform one of the most storied entertainment brands into the world leader of digital collectibles.
Why you will love it here:
- Work with the world’s top sports and entertainment properties
- Work with a passionate, confident and humble team
- Fun team atmosphere
- Independence and openness to ideas that clears the way for you to do your best work
- Competitive compensation & benefits. We build great teams and take care of them
We are looking for an experienced content producer to generate and produce digital trading card content and collectibles for our blockchain initiatives. This position will also support our talent services and original entertainment efforts (Twitch channel setup and live-stream production). You will have the opportunity to work with some of the biggest properties in sports andentertainment.
Your mission will be to help deliver visually appealing and topically relevant content to fans to provide the best possible collecting experience.
- Generating concepts and structures for digital collectibles sets that drive sales and engagement
- Providing content metadata via spreadsheets quickly and accurately to our content partners
- Writing and executing copy as well as clear and concise messaging for every content release to be used for content descriptions, press releases, social postings, & more
- Assisting all team members in delivering flawless content by proofreading copy, verifying release details, and reviewing image assets
- 1-3 years experience in the mobile space either in marketing, production, or development. Experience with entertainment content a plus
- Current and comprehensive knowledge of major sports and/or entertainment properties
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and track a large number of data points
- Well versed in Microsoft Office and basic understanding of Photoshop
- Familiarity with Click-Up, Confluence, JIRA, or other task management tools a plus
The policy of Topps is to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment and all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health choices gender, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, gender stereotyping, sexual orientation, status as a victim of domestic violence, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, military or veterans status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We love sports, pop culture, and everything in between.