Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for user-owned digital goods, which include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and other items backed by a blockchain. These digital goods have brand new properties: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. We're building a brand new economy from the ground up based on digital ownership. The team has backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Palantir, Google, Facebook, and Pinterest, funded by YCombinator, Founders Fund, Coinbase Ventures, 1Confirmation, Blockstack, and Blockchain Capital.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work.
We're looking for an experienced, detail-oriented software engineer with an enthusiasm for building and scaling feature-rich, well-tested, and polished applications with modern technologies like GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres. This individual will spearhead core features of the OpenSea marketplace backend.
- Build out well-tested backend systems for serving our core marketplace features
- Shepherd products from designs and specifications to live deployments
- Scale OpenSea across multiple blockchains and core protocols
- Drive and ambition to lead the development of a brand new platform
- An ability to write high quality, well tested code
- Potential to grow into a leadership position as the team expands
- (nice to have) A passion or growing interest in decentralized technologies
- (nice to have) An understanding of the basic mechanics of blockchain applications and dApps
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The largest NFT marketplace Buy, sell, and discover rare digital items