Client Engagement Supervisor
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
The Kraken Client Engagement team continues to grow at an astounding rate and we continue to hire as many talented specialists as we can find. With this relentless growth, we must scale our department infrastructure in order to provide all specialists with the support they need and deserve by growing our Client Engagement Supervisor Team.
We are looking for quality- and results-driven candidates to lead a team responsible for providing end-to-end support on a variety of our clients’ requests. By combining in-depth crypto knowledge, a strong technical background, and experience managing a high performing team, you will play a strong role in our success and ability to deliver world class support.
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency. You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
- Develop technical subject matter expertise across our robust product and service offerings
- Continually improve the client experience by championing client feedback to other parts of the organization such as the product and engineering teams
- Serve as a proactive thought leader across Client Services, with a bias towards action and the ability to contribute to overall organizational strategy and direction
- Utilize knowledge of crypto markets to solve complex challenges in a dynamic environment
- Set performance goals with team members that align with the company’s larger plans
- Coach, mentor and develop your direct reports
- Delegate work to employees, track progress and provide constructive feedback
- Help to maintain or increase quality of the CE team (relative to market constraints)
- Think holistically about Kraken’s success, how your team can contribute to it, and then drive that success
- Address problems with work quality, issues between employees and other concerns in an effective, timely manner
- Ensure reports adhere to company and department policies
- Serve as a link between direct reports and CE Managers
- Conduct performance reviews, motivate team members and create strategies to boost productivity
- Work weekends on a rotating schedule
- Have regular voice or video 1 on 1s with all your direct reports at least once per month
- Attend company meet-ups to meet your team members
- Assist in the hiring process for new team members as requested by the recruiting team or your manager
- Motivated by Kraken’s mission and creating a seamless support experience for our global client base
- Strong knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry and passion for crypto!
- 2+ years of direct management experience
- Experience in organizing work groups, coaching employees, monitoring progress, enforcing rules and ensuring quality compliance
- Excellent track record of growing and managing deeply engaged, high performing teams
- Strong communication and leaderships skills as well as the ability to resolve workplace issues effectively
- Ability and readiness to guide, train and support the team members
- Highly self-motivated to help our company fulfil its larger mission
- People-centred, supportive and flexible in order to get the most of his/her team
- A natural leader that’s focused on inspiring employees to own their work and deliver better results
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Kraken. We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.