Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Open to considering remote candidates in the US and Canada.
Interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team. In this role, you'll be engaging directly with global fintech companies and financial institutions as a primary point of contact for the SDF. You’ll be providing support on helping them understand the Stellar network, how they can serve as an on and off ramp to the network, and make use of it to offer financial services to their customer base. Most importantly, you will be growing the world of blockchain and supporting SDF’s mission of creating equitable access to the global financial system.
On top of that this person will lead the design and launch of an applications onboarding framework. This should support the partnership funnel and life cycle of emerging applications that are not necessarily anchors but use Stellar as part of its value proposition (e.g.: custodial and non-custodial wallets, exchanges, CEFI and DEFI platforms, FX providers, etc).
- Source, qualify, and close large transformational partnerships for cross border payments and access to financial services (like FX, savings accounts, loyalty and rewards solutions, B2B payments, payroll, etc)
- Serve as an internal leader to drive initiatives and advocate for these partners
- Serve as the internal leader of the Applications and Exchange onboarding process and framework
- Work with the grants, community and marketing teams to support the launch and execution of new programs and initiatives for engaging with our global partners
- Propose new ways in which the Foundation can provide systemic support and opportunities for this ecosystem and their clients
- Be a thought leader and spokesperson for the Stellar network to key stakeholders and constituents
- Set geographical priorities based on local activities, opportunities and regulations
- You have 3+ years of experience working in business development and / or growing a business as a founder, especially in highly technical industries
- You have a deep understanding and experience in closing large complex enterprise-scale deals in the finance and/or fintech space internationally, ideally in emerging markets
- You have significant experience working with internal and external stakeholders within this ecosystem and/or in a reseller capacity to execute projects and/or business negotiations
- You see projects through and over communicate outcomes
- You’re an exceptional writer and have excellent verbal communication skills
- You have a strong interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, financial inclusion, and Stellar
- You thrive in a collaborative team environment with multiple stakeholders while having a high degree of accountability and autonomy
- You have an engineering background and/or a strong technical grasp of blockchain technology
- You're curious and tenacious, with an infectiously positive attitude and an unwavering commitment to being successful
Bonus points if:
- You’ve lived or worked abroad at some point in your career
- You can speak more than one language fluently
- We can hire on contract or full time
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage (estimate costs here)
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Parental leave (12 weeks)
- Life & ADD (up to $50K)
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Stellar is an open network for storing and moving money.