Senior Manager, Ecosystem Marketing
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
Open to considering remote candidates in the US & Canada
Are you interested in helping us change the world of finance and payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a talented and experienced marketing leader to join our team. This role reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
In this role, you will focus on partnering with a range of companies in the Stellar ecosystem, supporting their marketing needs. The Stellar User Acquisition Fund is a pool of lumens earmarked to bring new individual users to the Stellar ecosystem. By enabling and supporting the marketing activities of companies which have built on Stellar, SDF will support and grow the Stellar ecosystem. You will own the entire process — from identifying companies that are ready for marketing support to ensuring the marketing grants are deployed effectively. By developing and executing partner marketing grants, you’ll be supporting the overall strategic growth of the Stellar ecosystem.
Most importantly, you will be growing the world of blockchain and supporting SDF’s mission of creating equitable access to the global financial system.
What you will be working on:
- Work with SDF’s Ecosystem team to identify companies in need of marketing support, which will further the growth of the Stellar ecosystem.
- Work with ecosystem companies directly to determine/assess their internal marketing capabilities and the type and scale of SDF marketing support needed.
- Develop a roster of external marketing consultants and agencies to pair with ecosystem companies, if external resources are needed.
- Work with SDF’s legal team to prepare marketing grant agreements.
- Work with ecosystem companies to monitor ongoing marketing performance and collaborate on courses of action, ensuring the business is driving meaningful transactions on the Stellar network.
- Keep SDF leadership (and SDF as a whole) informed on marketing grant successes and challenges.
- Propose new ways in which SDF can provide systemic support and opportunities for the ecosystem of companies building on Stellar.
- 7+ years of consumer marketing experience, especially digital marketing.
- Has worked in across a range of organizations, from entrepreneurial to large scale businesses.
- International marketing experience.
- Interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, financial inclusion, and the Stellar network.
- Extensive cross-functional experience, having worked with internal and external stakeholders to execute projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at seeing projects through to completion and communicating outcomes to stakeholders.
- Comfort with having a high degree of accountability and autonomy.
- You have fintech marketing experience.
- You have B2B marketing experience.
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage (estimate costs here)
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Parental leave (12 weeks)
- Life & ADD (up to $50K)
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.