VP of Design
This job is no longer accepting applications.
All roles with Chainlink Labs are globally remote based. We encourage you to apply regardless of your location.
Chainlink Labs is looking for a VP of Design to lead all design teams at Chainlink and help define and execute the design vision, strategy, and workflows to achieve a world-class user experience. You will work directly with industry leaders and executives to shape the Design language and culture for one of the most exciting and rapidly growing projects in the industry.
- Collaborate closely with industry leaders and executives to develop and implement short, mid, and long term strategic Design plans, and objectives in alignment with Chainlink mission, needs and goals
- Work closely with team leaders to define and execute user-centric strategies that will ensure a seamless user experience throughout all touchpoints
- Facilitate the achievement of the Design team goals by defining its operational workflows, processes, and priorities, while overseeing the overall execution of the design-specific tasks
- Represent Chainlink’s user experience and leverage the full spectrum of the Design output and internal resources to create a world-class developer experience
- Become an influential stakeholder of the Project by providing Design direction and insights to the product, marketing, and engineering teams at scale
- Define a long-term vision for the Design team and manage its execution by owning the planning and hiring processes, while creating an inspiring work environment for designers within the team
- 10+ years of experience as design leaders across multiple disciplines, including product and brand design, with a proven history of success in startup environments
- 5+ years of experience working in a developer-specific project(s), preferably open source
- Demonstrable organizational skills and ability to develop efficient workflows considering the asynchronous communication nature of a fully distributed team
- Mastery of design-thinking principles with a provable history of successful application(s) of user-centric workflows and processes
- Ability to empathize with external users to turn product requirements, user research, and usability feedback into meaningful solutions, but also with internal team members, peers, and executives throughout the organization
- Excellent communication skills and ability to organize and document thought processes to efficiently articulate design decisions, both in written and verbal
- Ability to approach designs collaboratively and build strong cross-functional relationships, both internal and external
- A pragmatic mindset with the ability to swiftly and strategically define priorities and allocate resources to facilitate the successful execution of each project
- Proactive and solution-driven personality with an exceptional ability to manage and empower teams of designers, while bringing inspiring design solutions to other areas of the Project
- High-bar for quality at a micro and macro level, with strong attention to detail
- Solid understanding about blockchain, with a strong passion about technology and a deep interest in constantly expanding your knowledge
Smart contracts are on track to revolutionize how all agreements work, through an entirely new system of technologically enforced contract guarantees. Chainlink enables next-generation smart contracts that can be written about any/all events in the real world, the details of our approach can be found in our whitepaper. We are well recognized for providing highly secure and reliable blockchain connectivity to the world's largest enterprises such as Google, Oracle, SWIFT, and many more.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connect your smart contract to the outside world Chainlink's decentralized oracle network provides reliable, tamper-proof inputs and outputs for comp...