VP of Marketing
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
Kraken is looking for a VP of Marketing to lead Kraken's global marketing team and all marketing initiatives. This role is cross-functional in nature and will require tight partnerships with various parts of the organization. All of Marketing reports to you: Growth, Product, and Brand Marketing.
- Develop a global marketing strategy and roadmap
- Own messaging and positioning to convey the value of Kraken’s products
- Manage and mentor Directors of each sub-team (Growth/Product/Brand Marketing)
- Provide leadership around best in class marketing practices to all marketing professionals in your organization. You inspire, motivate, and coach the team
- Phenomenal cross-functional collaboration skills - this person should shepherd the campaign throughout the entire organization ensuring all partners are aligned
- Advise and guide on budget allocation and execution
- Oversee product launches, ensuring the playbook is executed and other GTM teams can implement their launch plans
- Further define and evolve the Kraken brand strategy, and help brand marketing strategies to support the company’s global growth objectives
- Develop an efficient marketing operation, with defined workflows, clear roles and accountabilities, and high quality outputs
- 10+ years experience and proven track record in Marketing functions
- 6+ years managing Growth/Brand/Product Marketing teams
- You’re a globally-minded executive with deep experience in creative campaigns, social media strategies, traditional media buying, brand, publicity, and partner marketing
- Expertise in marketing strategy, and one or more marketing disciplines across content, creative, PR/media, brand marketing, product marketing, or Growth marketing
- Experience developing and leading global teams, including strong people management and team building skills
- B2C experience is a must
- In-depth knowledge of different digital marketing channels, online marketing tools, and best practices
- Exceptional presentation and narrative compression skills
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrency markets, ecosystem and ethos
- Comfortable working in a high-growth and global company
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.