Product Designer (DX)
Atlanta, GA, USA Remote
Storj is pioneering decentralized cloud storage with the world's first decentralized cloud storage network. We make object storage secure, private, and more resilient than other leading cloud storage providers. Our mission is to enable the decentralized future, and our vision is to be the storage layer for the decentralized internet.
Our people are our most important asset. We strive to provide them with meaningful professional engagement and generous benefits. Storj promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized training opportunities, proactive diversity efforts, and peer mentorship. Our comprehensive employee benefits include generous healthcare and insurance coverage, FSA and transportation reimbursement plans, a 401(k) plan, competitive equity, unlimited PTO, and six-weeks paid parental leave.
Storj is headquartered in Atlanta and has team members around the globe. As a remote-first company, we’ve built a culture based on transparency, inclusion, and open communication. Storj hosts regularly scheduled week-long gatherings (optional in-person when travel is safe) for collaborative work and team building.
As a Product Designer (DX), you will work with our cross-functional team to enhance the experience developers have with our product. Such initiatives include conducting usability tests to find our customers’ pain points, constructing and executing designs to relieve them, working with our development teams to ensure the designs are implemented, and working on the developer documentation that follows the designs. In this role, you will have a significant impact on establishing product vision and enhancing the customer experience in a fast-paced and data-driven environment.
- Conduct customer feedback sessions on our product to discover developer pain points.
- Be in tune with the latest DX, UX, UI best practices and design tactics.
- Work directly with the product team to design workflows and features that solve our customers problems.
- Work directly with developers to ensure designs are implemented.
- Own the full design process from ideation to implementation.
- Make sense of data from various sources and proficiently communicate via data visualization.
- Think strategically about design problems and coming up with efficient solutions.
- Build technical tools and scalable design systems.
- Experience working in and designing developer applications and/or CLI tools
- Experience creating low to high fidelity wireframes and working with prototyping tools, preferably Figma
- Ability to effectively communicate and explain design decisions to peers, partners and leaders
- Ability to manage visual and workflow complexity, making the interface learnable and “intuitive”
- Ability to reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Experience working in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team to help define both long term and short term tactics for the product
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
At Storj Labs, we celebrate diversity and strive for an inclusive work culture. More than a statement on our careers page, these concepts are ingrained in our core values:
Secure - We believe security and privacy in product, process, and habit is key to everything we do.
Together - We inspire, execute, and celebrate as one team, with a commitment to trust, inclusion, collaboration, and accountability.
Open - We’re committed to the free and open sharing of software, information, knowledge, and ideas.
Resolute - We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing. We resolve always to treat others ethically, with empathy, understanding, and trust.
Empowered - We empower our users to control their data, our teammates to do great work, and our community to build economic value.
Different - We think differently, act differently, and always strive to make a difference.
We don’t make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.