Principal Software Engineer
Storj is pioneering decentralized cloud storage with the world's first decentralized cloud storage network with enterprise SLAs. We make object storage secure, private, and more resilient than other leading cloud storage providers. Our mission is to enable the decentralized future, and our vision is to be the storage layer for the decentralized internet.
Our people are our most important asset. We strive to provide them with meaningful professional engagement and generous benefits. Storj promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized training opportunities, proactive diversity efforts, and peer mentorship. Our comprehensive employee benefits include generous healthcare and insurance coverage, FSA and transportation reimbursement plans, a 401(k) plan, competitive equity, unlimited PTO, and six-weeks paid parental leave.
Storj is headquartered in Atlanta and has team members around the globe. As a remote-first company, we’ve built a culture based on transparency, inclusion, and open communication. Storj hosts regularly scheduled week-long gatherings (optional in-person when travel is safe) for collaborative work and team building.
Storj is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Core Platform team. As part of the team, you will contribute to fundamental features of the Storj distributed network to build a better alternative to the traditional cloud in all of security, performance, and cost-efficiency.
While we don’t expect you to be already an expert in every technology we list, we are looking for people who have a demonstrated ability to learn, grow, understand requirements, and get stuff done.
- Design, implement, and maintain fundamental features for the Storj network:
- Reliable storage, audit, and repair of data
- Erasure coding and end to end encryption
- Efficient communication between network peers
- Design, implement, and maintain client libraries and tools for the Storj network
- Analyze and improve performance throughout the technology stack
- Analyze and improve the consistency model of the Storj network
- Actively participate in code reviews across the engineering organization to ensure best practices are followed
- Actively participate in architectural design and reviews
- Discuss and suggest improvements to the development process, code convention, and best practices across the engineering organization
- Work directly with the QA, Support, and DevOps teams to resolve issues
- 10+ years of professional coding experience in Go or other object-oriented programming languages
- Working knowledge or deep interest in distributed systems
- Security-first mindset
- Experience building highly concurrent applications
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks, and APIs quickly
- Eagerness to be collaborative, quality conscious, highly self-motivated, and use excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:
At Storj Labs, we celebrate diversity and strive for an inclusive work culture. More than a statement on our careers page, these concepts are ingrained in our core values:
Secure - We believe security and privacy in product, process, and habit is key to everything we do.
Together - We inspire, execute, and celebrate as one team, with a commitment to trust, inclusion, collaboration, and accountability.
Open - We’re committed to the free and open sharing of software, information, knowledge, and ideas.
Resolute - We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing. We resolve always to treat others ethically, with empathy, understanding, and trust.
Empowered - We empower our users to control their data, our teammates to do great work, and our community to build economic value.
Different - We think differently, act differently, and always strive to make a difference.
We don’t make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Decentralized Cloud Storage is Here Join thousands of Node Operators and developers experiencing the faster, safer, more affordable object storage alt...