SENIOR JAVA ENGINEER
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will be an integral part of the Data team. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your skills, collaborate across Fidelity teams and continue to learn in a fun, collaborative, iterative, and rapidly changing environment.
This is a hands-on role where you will understand the requirements, contribute to designs and write code. You will adopt and contribute to modern software development practices. You will work closely with the technical lead and architects to design secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services. As a senior technical member of your team, you will guide junior engineers and help develop their technical skills.
The Data team is responsible for the development of operational and analytical data platforms for Fidelity Digital Assets. These platforms will support data services, batch schedulers, third party interfaces, business intelligence as well as additional data analysis needs for the business.
The Expertise You Have
- Experienced with core Java technologies and frameworks like Spring Boot
- Proficient in SQL with working knowledge of database technologies such as Aurora PostgreSQL or Oracle
- An understanding of microservice architecture and twelve factor app patterns
- Ability to build reliable software that can withstand unreliable environments
- Unit and integration test automation using JUnit
- Experience building and deploying applications using continuous integration pipelines and automated deployment tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with asynchronous workers and resilient messaging services
- Prior experience with AWS services is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) required
The Skills You Bring
- A solid foundation in software engineering – 4+ years of experience
- Strong background in Java with experience implementing end-to-end solutions
- Passionate and committed to learning new tools and developing with the latest technologies and frameworks
- Work well in a small agile team having a strong focus on user requirements
- Solid analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Adopts and contributes to engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline
The Value You Deliver
- Understand requirements, write implantation stories in Jira and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Produce scalable, resilient, cloud-based system designs aligned with our long-term strategy
- Produce high-quality code, with high test coverage, following Fidelity processes, standards, and methodologies
- Provide outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
- Continuous learner contributing to innovation and improvements
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Institutional solutions for a new asset class.