Founding Engineer — Full-Stack/Backend
Our mission is to onboard billions to crypto by building something similar to what people use everyday.
Showtime is crypto's first NFT social network. The first step is to let users explore, like, and curate blockchain art. Later, we want to cover all types of social media content via a decentralized protocol.
Each piece of content on Showtime is a NFT, a novel crypto primitive. It unlocks new ways to monetize, from NFT sales and royalties to creator tokens and DeFi. The key innovation brought by digital items NFTs is that creators own their content, and thus can sell them them to fans, collectors or advertisers. This is the one of the first crypto primitive we want to introduce to a mainstream audience.
The first steps are to build an incredibly beautiful platform and app, and we need an exceptional backend/full-stack engineer to fulfill this mission.
We are two cofounders and you will be one of our three founding engineers to take on this world-changing opportunity. We will all work and communicate closely together.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience as a Back-End (Django) / Full-stack developer
- Background in consumer apps such as social, fintech, or marketplaces
- Strong product design sense (you will own major product decisions)
- Passionate about crypto and the opportunities it unlocks
- Ideally based in San Francisco Bay Area or in North America in a remote-first model (we would fly you out once in a while, free of charge).
Showtime welcomes all qualified persons to apply regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Compensation and equity will be competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full-time role that includes health insurance and other benefits.
Your application has been successfully submitted.