Global Head of Tech Recruiting
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead and inspire a distributed and global team of hardworking Directors, Managers, Recruiters, and Sourcers.
- Partner directly with Coinbase’s EVP of Engineering, Chief Product Officer, and their leadership teams to build and scale their global teams, balancing team bandwidth and business priorities.
- Work with Talent and Technical leadership to evaluate and continuously improve the team structure, systems, and hiring processes.
- Utilize analytics and industry intelligence help your team make data-guided decisions and provide insights to the business on a regular cadence.
- Develop both the senior and junior members of your team through ongoing mentor and career development planning.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Global technical recruiting expertise: You have a deep understanding of what creates an effective and delightful hiring experience for technical talent (software engineers, product managers, designers, etc.), and can apply it in practice across various functions and countries.
- Leadership & organizational change: You are able to proactively zoom out, set, and execute a long term strategy for your team and cross-functional partners, even amidst chaotic day-to-day priorities.
- Communication: You are able to easily engage and inspire both technical and non-technical candidates, hiring managers, recruiters, interviewers, and leaders.
- Player-coach management: You don’t shy away from doing the building yourself when needed. You inspire and coach everyone from junior team members to senior executives.
- Data orientation: You are a specialist in key recruiting metrics. You use data not just to set and track team goals, but also to identify hiring issues proactively and build consensus around solutions.
- 10+ years of experience leading tech-focused recruiting teams.
- 5+ years of experience leading other managers – a solid, proven and inspiring leader of leaders is a must!
Your application has been successfully submitted.