About the role:
The role is fast-paced and demanding; attention to detail and the ability to work effectively under pressure are a necessity. Successful candidates will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills in both English and Spanish, as they will need to communicate with colleagues globally. Time management skills and existing knowledge of Fraud, KYC, AML/Compliance is an advantage.
What you will do:
- Execute KYC procedures during the onboarding process for all Reserve users.
- Monitor the AML risk environments of Argentina, Colombia, Panama, and Venezuela and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Document findings and submit reports as needed to the Compliance management team. Inform and escalate significant compliance matters that require their attention or action.
- Analyze alerts and investigate customers/transactions during onboarding -- before a transaction is processed or received and/or during routine maintenance.
- Conduct inquiries using global standard policies, procedures, and tools aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements. After completing investigations, report unusual merchant activities that might be related to sanctioned individuals, money laundering, or terrorist financing or fraud.
- Conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from internal systems, the internet, commercial databases as well as interviews with Products Ops or Compliance contacts within the organization.
- Monitor adherence to the Reserve global policies and relevant procedures; stay current on key sanctions regulatory changes, key enforcement actions and related industry trends.
- Bachelor's/University degree; experience in Compliance, Fraud, Legal or other control-related function in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving techniques.
- Knowledge of AML, Fraud, and Sanctions regulations, risks, and typologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) language proficiency is required.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative, and adaptive.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
- 2 years of banking, financial, or fintech institution experience.
- Location: anywhere, but expect to be online for a decent part of the US workday
- Seniority: we need an experienced professional in Compliance Operations.
- Comp: we can match any offer you have, and can do full cash, RSR tokens, or a hybrid arrangement depending on your preference.
- Stability: we have a large cash treasury, so can offer high job security
- Purpose: Reserve helps people beat hyperinflation, and aims to eradicate it entirely
- Language: Spanish native / bilingual proficiency and English professional working proficiency
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Mission We’re building a stablecoin that can't be shut down, and a network of decentralized fiat on/off ramps. We believe that everyone’s money should be secure. Billions of people around the world don't have a safe place to store their money. Banks in some countries can't be trusted, and some governments inflate their own currency to pay off debts, hurting citizens in the process. With a few exceptions (money laundering, terrorist financing), we believe anyone in the world should be able to transact with anyone else. This requires low-friction, cross-border transactions, which are surprisingly hard to do in many cases today. That's the reason for creating a stable, decentralized currency that can’t be abused by a government, because it is globally distributed outside of anyone’s control, and thus nearly impossible to shut down.