Email Marketing Manager
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for an Email Marketing Manager to join the Growth Marketing team whose work will center on campaign execution including ad-hoc blast campaigns, journeys, email strategy, and best practices. The Growth Marketing team is passionate about growth, acquisition retention, and reactivation of Coinbase customers, working hand-in-hand with product & engineering teams to achieve our ambitious targets. You will help define CRM strategies and end-to-end campaigns in support of product initiatives, align internal partners, and advocate for execution in service of bringing Coinbase’s products to millions of customers around the world.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build, execute, and monitor ad-hoc campaigns and customer journeys across email and push (scaling to additional channels in future) -- primarily these will be product-focused campaigns but also including education, news and regulatory info
- Help define the customer communication strategy and CRM roadmap to achieve ambitious acquisition, engagement, retention, and reactivation goals
- Work closely with internal partners, including engineering, design, legal, finance, business, and regional teams, bringing ideas to life that spearhead product adoption and drive usage
- Execute thoughtful experimentation to unlock high-impact campaigns, and leverage automation to maximize engagement & retention throughout the customer lifecycle
- Analyze campaign results, make recommendations & implement changes based on key findings
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of CRM experience including email, push and in app notifications, and SMS
- Hands-on experience building and executing complex CRM campaigns with multiple internal partners
- Solid understanding of basic HTML for email, email best practices & industry standards
- Comfortable setting up & executing campaign experiments (AB, MV) to track business impact, analyzing the data and extracting key insights
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- A strategic problem solver that is able to synthesize and prioritize inputs from various perspectives to build an impactful plan
- Comfortable working cross-functionally and cross-culturally, a self-starter and a quick learner
Nice to haves:
- Basic or intermediate SQL skills for audience segmentation
- Technical degree or extensive experience working in fast growth startups/tech companies
- Familiarity with: Litmus email testing tools, Git, a variety of ESPs (Iterable, Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SendGrid, etc.)
- Experience setting up mobile push and SMS campaigns
Your application has been successfully submitted.