Business Development Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1600 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fastest growing industries and the Business Development team has ownership over originating, evaluating, and executing our global strategic partnerships. The Business Development team is looking to add a Business Development Associate to the team. As a Business Development Associate, you will play a critical role by driving the execution of our strategic partnerships. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to work cross-functionally across multiple internal and external teams to implement our growth initiatives, including deepening the network effects of the Kraken platform. You will bring your proven experiences and best practices to the team while continually seeking to streamline all BD processes.
- Assist with business development initiatives in collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams, including Strategy, Corporate Development, Product, Engineering, and Legal
- Take ownership of executing strategic and value-added relationships and partnership aligned with our crypto product roadmap
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (e.g., Business Development, Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Account Management, and Strategy) to identify the business and technical requirements and define deliverables for each team
- Actively review the project’s progress, identify blockers, and work with minimal oversight to develop solutions to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Escalate execution bottlenecks to relevant stakeholders to ensure projects remain on-track
- Maintain accountability; deliver successful outcomes with measurable results
- Identify emerging industry trends and leverage this information to inform our corporate strategy
- 2+ years of experience in a similar business development or partnerships role at a technology or financial services company
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work in a highly technical environment while effectively communicating key understandings to non-technical stakeholders
- Deep knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrencies, including the cryptocurrency industry, trading, and financial markets
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing complex implementation roadmaps
- Commercial mindset and experience prioritizing competing priorities at a fast-growing company
- Ability to establish strong working relationships both internally and externally, across all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with project management tools like Wrike, Jira, Google Office Applications, and others
- Experience in both traditional and startup environments
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in Investment Banking or Management Consulting with completion of a formal training program
- Prior cryptocurrency ecosystem, fulltime work preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a remote work environment
- Experience working for and understanding of how to prioritize deliverables for a fast-growing company
- Active crypto investor or trader, and / or familiar with both Kraken and competitors’ product suite
- Experience and knowledge with Defi ecosystem
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to Kraken. We put the power in your hands to buy, sell and trade digital currency.