This job is no longer accepting applications.
What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Product Counsel to join our growing team!
About Your Role and Team
We are seeking a Product Counsel to join our expanding Legal & Compliance team. This individual will provide legal advice and counsel the Product teams on relevant federal and state consumer financial service laws that can impact developing products as well as changes to existing products. Serve as the single point of contact for Product teams with great instinct for when to pull in other members of the Legal and Compliance team on specific issues. As with all members of the Legal and Compliance team, no two days will look the same. The successful applicant will be a team player ready to help across the organization as business needs require.
- Coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders to launch and innovate our products and services across BlockFi’s platform with a focus on consumer retail tech products
- Strong knowledge of state, federal consumer financial laws and regulations
- Design and develop legal processes and procedures to support the launch of new products and services
- Advise the business on complex legal matters as well as compliance, licensing, data privacy and protection laws
- Identify and help mitigate legal, regulatory, and repetitional risks in all aspects of a product
- Experience working in a fast paced environment and able to manage competing priorities
- At least 5 years of in-house legal experience at a technology, fin tech, or financial services company
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- Experience in product counseling at a financial services or technology company
- Experience with U.S. and international financial services and consumer protection laws.
- Executive presence and able to clearly articulate risk and strategies to mitigate risk to clients and executives.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Excellent business, writing, negotiation, and oral presentation skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented who is excited by new projects, isn’t afraid to ask/answer questions, and is always a resource to others on the team
- Experience in cryptocurrencies, retail banking, or payment services is a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The future of finance The old way of doing things doesn’t cut it anymore. With BlockFi, you can use cryptocurrency to earn interest at up to 8.6% APY,...