This job is no longer accepting applications.
Interested in helping us change the world of payments forever? The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is looking for a thought leader with a rare mix of strong product experience and technical blockchain expertise. Dozens of major businesses are building on Stellar, and you’ll play a key role identifying their needs from a product perspective, proposing improvements to the Stellar Protocol to meet those needs, and software architecting the ultimate solutions. This position combines high-level strategic thinking, strong communication with stakeholders, and going hands-on to code up proofs of concept.
What you'll do:
- Work on the hard problems in the cryptocurrency ecosystem, such as blockchain interoperability, confidentiality and decentralized finance
- Work with businesses building on Stellar to understand their use cases, and devise solutions on the Stellar network
- Build proofs of concept that demonstrate how Stellar can be used by key businesses
- Identify common needs across businesses, and propose CAPs that help the Stellar Protocol meet those needs
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and business leaders to realize product visions
- Play a key role in the direction of the Stellar network: advising on scalability, trust models, deciding where to draw the on-chain / off-chain line, and evolving the protocol to meet the needs of next-generation finance
- Contribute to the development and implementation of sound crypto-economics
- Contribute to the positive development of existing and new technology partnerships
Who you are:
- Hands-on experience building novel cryptocurrency systems. These include, but are not limited to, decentralized finance (Uniswap, 0x, MakerDAO), confidentiality (grin, zcash, zkvm) and L2 solutions (payment channels, lightning)
- You have 5+ years of real-world software engineering experience
- You have 3+ years of product management experience
- You’re an expert in blockchain technology, cryptography, and distributed systems
- You’re compassionate, collaborative, and deeply care for the people around you
- You know how to engineer elegant products that address the needs of users and businesses while minimizing complexity
- You know how to bring engineers, product designers, and business leaders together behind a shared vision
- You love building open source software
- You’re pragmatic and focused on real-world results
- Competitive health, dental & vision coverage (estimate costs here)
- Flexible time off + 15 company holidays including a company-wide holiday break
- Parental leave (12 weeks)
- Life & ADD (up to $50K)
- Short & Long term disability
- FSA & Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- L&D budget of $1,500/year
- Company retreats
Stellar is a decentralized, fast, scalable, and uniquely sustainable network for financial products and services. It is both a cross-currency transaction system and a platform for digital asset issuance, designed to connect the world’s financial infrastructure. Dozens of financial institutions worldwide issue assets and settle payments on the Stellar network, which has grown to over 4 million accounts.
About the Stellar Development Foundation
The Stellar Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-profit organization that supports the development and growth of Stellar, an open-source network that connects the world’s financial infrastructure. Founded in 2014, the Foundation helps maintain Stellar’s codebase, supports the technical and business communities building on the network, and serves as a voice to regulators and institutions. The Foundation seeks to create equitable access to the global financial system, using the Stellar network to unlock the world’s economic potential through blockchain technology.
We look forward to hearing from you!
SDF is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. SDF does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Stellar is an open network for storing and moving money.