Vice President, Engineering (VPE)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Algorand is seeking a Vice President, Engineering (VPE) who is a people-focused technical leader. The VPE is a member of our company’s Leadership Team and reports to the Chief Product Officer.
The ideal candidate will have strong intellectual curiosity, enjoy complex technical problems, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have experience scaling teams while maintaining team culture, have strong communication and organizational skills, and be experienced with modern software development processes.
The VPE will participate in technical design, make decisions around technology, coordinate with the Product Management team to ensure product roadmaps are aligned to engineering level resourcing and task plans, and serve as the primary source of “ground truth” for engineering planning and execution.
This leader will be working on a fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile project with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and crypto-asset technologies.
- Scale our increasingly distributed Engineering team through talent acquisition in Boston, Tel Aviv, and potentially other locations
- Build and foster a culture that includes teaching and learning, transparency, collaboration, and an urgency to deliver more value to our users
- Work to ensure career, skill, and personal development for individual contributors and managers within the team
- Provide visibility into engineering capacity, resource contention, and the impact of future work on roadmap
- Determine and execute on an additive outsourcing resource strategy, make choices about vendors and project assignment, and manage outputs
- Continuously optimize our engineering process and standards, without fear of failure, to make our team as efficient and productive as we can be
- Be an evangelist for the Engineering team and the work that it produces internally and externally
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmap in partnership with Product Management
- Be a key part of an inclusive environment that fosters collaboration and creativity both internally and externally
Professional Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- 10+ years of related experience at high-tech software organizations, with at least 5 years in technical and people management
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Computer Science/Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in any of the following preferred: distributed systems, open source, databases, mission critical software, blockchain, digital/crypto assets
- Broad SDLC toolkit and the ability to implement what works best for us
- Experience in working with a distributed development team, along with project-based and staff augmentation style outsourcing
- Strong organizational and communication skills with ability to communicate technical information to wide variety of audiences
- Self-starter, organized and detail-oriented with a strong work ethic and a willingness to go the extra mile, and motivate and inspire those around them to do the same
- Dynamic and disciplined thinker with intellectual horsepower, an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for making a mark
- Enjoyment for working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- High ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character
Location Note: Our HQ is located in Boston, Mass., and we prefer candidates who are local and/or open to relocation to the area.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are the technology company that built and developed the world’s first open, permissionless, pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that, without f...