This job is no longer accepting applications.
The majority of cryptocurrencies sit idle on exchanges and in wallets, without yielding interest. We're on a mission to change that.
Compound is an interest rate protocol on the Ethereum blockchain, that lets developers create new financial applications that are global, safe, and open. Our team is backed by world-class investors, and develops the core blockchain infrastructure, as well as the tools to empower new integrations--join us in building an open financial system.
As a Senior Engineer at Compound, you will join our team in building open, transparent, frictionless financial protocols. You will also build back-end services, third-party platform tools and front-end interfaces. We work in Rust, Solidity, Elixir, Elm, and are regularly pulling in functional programming languages and tools, forever learning and optimizing everything we make in the name of correct coding.
At Compound, you will be part of a cutting edge team building high-caliber technology that has a massive impact on the future of decentralized finance.
What You'll Do:
- Developing our new Gateway blockchain
- Build smart contracts in Solidity for the Ethereum blockchain
- Understand, ensure and be passionate for the correctness of financial algorithms
- Build back-end web services that interact with blockchains
- Enthusiastically collaborate with a small team, owning and planning projects for long-term impact
- Build a platform of tools (on and off-chain) for the developer community
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- Expertise building web-services for highly-trafficked web services
- Ability and desire to forever learn and implement new programming languages
- Exceptional judgment, strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills with a strong analytical mindset
- 4+ years of professional engineering experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Experience with these Technologies is a "Nice to Have:"
- Ethereum blockchain
- Rust language and/or Substrate blockchains
- Solidity, Vyper or Liquidity
- Elixir, Phoenix or Exthereum
- Elm or React with Redux
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock Options as an early employee of Compound
- Commuter benefits
- 3+ weeks of vacation
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Bike friendly office
- Open floor plan
- Regular team meals and outings
- A never-ending supply of office snacks + hot sauce
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, age, veteran status and sexuality to apply.
Compound is an open-source, autonomous protocol built for developers, to unlock a universe of new financial applications. We are building a transparent money market for cryptocurrencies, while helping an ecosystem of applications built on top of Compound to grow, making it easier to access these financial markets. We are one of the most visible pioneers of decentralized finance - by joining us, you will truly have a hand in shaping the future of finance.
Founded in 2017, Compound is backed by leading investors like Andreesen Horowitz, Bain Capital, Paradigm, Polychain Capital and Coinbase Ventures.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We built an algorithmic, autonomous interest rate protocol for developers.