Social Media Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. Nevertheless, we’re witnessing exactly that with the rise of crypto taking place right now, as we speak, in the age of the internet. Over just the last 4 years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market, to a young but growing $1T today. At Bitwise, we believe that crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to continue to be risks, and pitfalls, and uncertainty — much like the rise of the Web, and cloud, and apps before — but also great opportunity, and millions of people increasingly wanting to participate.
Our goal at Bitwise, is to help busy, mainstream investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the new cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride, and be able to benefit from the role crypto exposures can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today, Bitwise is at an exciting moment as a firm. We manage over $1B, growing quickly, with the largest crypto index fund in the world (ticker: BITW) and a lot more coming. We focus on serving investment professionals—financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others—the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally-managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, & get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close knit team of 23. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing — coming from firms including Facebook, Wealthfront, BlackRock, J.P. Morgan, IndexIQ, and ETF.com. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture, and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join the team and take on critical responsibilities to help Bitwise scale and our clients succeed. You will report to the Head of Creative and Content Marketing and will work to drive strategic initiatives across Bitwise’s social media platforms. Your contributions will be pivotal to the growth of Bitwise’s brand and to the success of our funds. There will be a lot to learn, huge success to be had, and some life-long relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do
- You will work with the Head of Creative and Content Marketing to develop, execute, and improve upon the company’s social media strategy.
- You’ll be the voice of the company across all social channels, developing a unique and exciting voice in line with Bitwise’s overall brand strategy.
- You will own and manage each of the company’s social media accounts (Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook).
- You will own the execution of Bitwise’s online events strategy, including webinars, podcasts, Clubhouse, and more.
- You'll work with an external creative agency to create unique and compelling content that drives engagement with our content and attendance at our events.
- You’ll provide regular content through Hootsuite/Oktopost for Bitwisers to post to their personal social accounts, and will evangelize internally for full participation.
- You will be a consultant to the company’s senior leadership, advising them on their social media strategies and providing hands-on support.
- You will stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices in social media, suggesting new channels and tactics that you discover.
- You will help the Head of Creative and Content Marketing collect data and report on our achievements across social.
- You’ll Contribute your perspective on what to publish, when, and where in support of campaigns.
- You’ll monitor and engage with key influencers, important social groups, and every day users who mention us on social channels.
Who You Are
- You have at least 5 years of professional work experience, with at least 2 being as a financial advisor/associate/analyst, preferably at a top national firm.
- You have at least 2 years of professional marketing experience, with a strong preference for content marketing or social media marketing.
- You have a passion for crypto and have been “deep down the rabbit hole” for at least 1 year.
- You have a demonstrated track record of managing a large and active Twitter profile (either professionally or personally) for at least 2 years.
- You have proven experience managing B2B social media channels including Linkedin.
- You have proven ability to write effective tweets, posts, and other short-form content.
- You have proven ability to report on performance.
- Not required, but strong preference if you have an academic background in business, finance, marketing, or a related subject.
- You have exceptional time management, organizational, and self-motivation abilities. Your work ethic is a source of pride. You know how to prioritize tasks and to deliver projects on time.
- You are a great communicator, in writing and conversation, and can convey details with clarity and coherence.
- You are team-centric and care deeply about your relationships with the team internally.
- Your style is like ours: high energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious and open minded, inclined to take ownership to get the best outcome but happy to transfer or share ownership with others. You’re proactive in pursuing what you want, you take pride in your ability to communicate and connect with others, and you’re always looking to improve.
- You’re up for joining a small, fast growing firm. You have willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be flexible in a rapidly evolving company and space.
- Most importantly, you live and breathe two things: social media and crypto! If that is true, we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitwise Asset Management is a trusted partner to individuals, financial advisors, family offices, investment managers & institutions navigating crypto...