Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
Want to build the future of the Internet? Founded by renowned open-source developers Adam Bozanich and Greg Osuri, Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center and anyone with a computer to become a cloud provider by offering their unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace.
As more people's work and play move to the cloud, we’re materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $370 billion by 2022. Join the team enabling the builders of the future with greater access and freedom to expand the human experience. Our team includes renowned open source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies.
We’re a distributed and growing team, and you’ll find more ownership, flexibility, and freedom at Akash, than at other companies. We offer a competitive salary, remote work, unlimited vacation, and unparalleled growth opportunities at the intersection of blockchain, cloud, and Web 3.0.
- Design and build scalable and secure delivery platform for Akash Network internal infrastructure
- Building software to help operations, product and support teams
- Participate in support coverage as needed and fixing support escalation issues
- Optimizing on-call rotations and processes
- Build and drive adoption for greater self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Constant upkeep of documentation and runbooks can ensure that teams get the information they need right when they need it.
- Conducting post-incident reviews
- Lead and participate in performance tests; identify bottlenecks, opportunities for optimization, and capacity demands
- You have at least 8 years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in at least two or more software languages (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.) with respect to designing, coding, testing, and software delivery
- Adept in the development of automated tools, systems, and services in multiple technology domains
- Strong familiarity with distributed programming models
- Advanced knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
- Proficiency in service-level changes to a system and troubleshooting components
- Deep understanding of all things “cloud infrastructure” - architectures, optimization, scalability, etc
- Excellent communication skills
- You are amazingly entrepreneurial
- You want to help build a massive company
- You must feel comfortable working remotely
About Akash Network
Akash Network is developing the world’s first and only decentralized cloud computing marketplace, enabling any data center and anyone with a computer to become a cloud provider by offering their unused compute cycles in a safe and frictionless marketplace. As the first decentralized cloud for DeFi, Akash DeCloud greatly accelerates scale and price performance for DeFi, decentralized organizations, and high-growth industries like machine learning/AI. Through Akash’s platform, developers can easily and securely access cloud compute at a cost ten times lower than the current market providers (AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure). The platform achieves these benefits by integrating advanced containerization technology with a unique staking model to accelerate adoption.
Your application has been successfully submitted.