This job is no longer accepting applications.
Consensys Software’s mission is to create the new internet. We are a blockchain technology company building infrastructure, tools and applications to enable developers and enterprises to build Web3. Focused on Ethereum, the world’s largest blockchain, our technology enables our customers to harness the value of blockchain and consensus based systems.
The Finance and Accounting group manages all aspects of our finances and serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic and enterprise endeavors. Along with managing compilation of our financial statements, looking after our cash and overseeing compliance, we partner closely with the business in overseeing company wide resource allocation, developing cutting edge compensation initiatives and generating detailed financial analyses to drive the business forward. We also develop advanced capital strategies to support the company’s short- and long-term future.
About the role:
ConsenSys Software Inc (CSI) is seeking a Crypto Accountant to help build and oversee the crypto accounting and treasury operations of the US parent company.
- Work closely with the product teams to structure accounting and reporting for crypto related business operations
- Support trading strategies and report on a consolidated basis
- Crypto Portfolio Reporting:
- Trade data aggregation, reconciliation, and processing across multiple exchanges and wallets
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports on liquidity, positions, volatility, etc.
- Own the crypto positions and reconciliation to the financial accounts
- Manage valuation of digital assets using various pricing methodologies and third party advisors
- Tracking and documenting of DeFi activities like staking, lending, etc.
- Analyze crypto financials and support monthly and annual close processes
- Crypto Bookkeeping
- Maintain crypto bookkeeping and assist with US tax filings and period closings for the US parent
- Record crypto journal entries related to cost basis, realized gains (losses), unrealized gains (losses), revenue, etc.
- Reconciliation of wallets and operational bank accounts
- Tracking and calculation of transaction fees
- Support the development and maintenance of crypto accounting processes and manuals
- Streamline processes while maintaining financial statement accuracy and ensuring compliance with global policies
- Contribute to the development of the ERP system and other crypto-related tools and software
- Prior experience in crypto currency/digital assets and/or strong interest in blockchain/DEFI and crypto currency
- A working understanding of centralized exchanges, decentralized exchanges, lending, staking, and derivatives
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, business, or accounting is mandatory (additional CPA firm experience is a plus)
- 3+ years of financial auditing, accounting, finance operations, or related experience (public accounting experience or CPA a plus)
- Solid knowledge of advanced accounting theory and US accounting standards
- Advanced Excel proficiency and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, go-getter attitude, and ambition (someone looking to build out a career at a growing company)
- Comfort communicating with senior-level executives and external investors
- Willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to work in various startup environments
- Netsuite experience a plus
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Most Trusted Ethereum Blockchain Solutions ConsenSys is the software engineering leader of the blockchain space. Our full-stack Ethereum products ...